About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of GLS. Understand and comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Groups policies, procedures and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters. Contribute to a culture in which all stakeholders feel safe to raise concerns and where risk and compliance matters are addressed, and misconduct appropriately dealt with.
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance policies and the Group Code of Conduct
- Timely completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training, including e-learning by the set deadlines
- Proactive identification and reporting of risks and concerns
- Mitigation of risks and resolution of issues in a timely manner including developing suitable controls and measuring their effectiveness
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training and related compliance acknowledgements by each member of your team by the set deadlines
- Demonstration of adherence to the Group Management Responsibilities policy and fair accountability principles
- Prompt and decisive action when any risk and compliance weaknesses become apparent, addressing them in an appropriate timeframe, escalating where necessary, having carefully understood what happened and why
- Reduce number of client complaints because of operational errors
- Take responsive and responsibility for any complain related with GLS
- Improve Turn Around Time (TAT)
- Support initiative for developing any program or product which present excellent service for the clients
- Manage all complains and issues in GEMS without any pending
- Manage all complains and issues which arrange by CE Team.
Lean Administration. Improve efficiency and client service in Operations, establish a sustainable Lean Administration capability. Leading indicators:
- Mandatory 1 new project completed in every team for improvement and effectiveness
- 1 Trained facilitator in every team
- 1 Fulltime lead coordinator in every dept
- Regular shop floor meetings in all teams
People and Talent
- Control Voluntary Attrition % of Employed Workers
- Limit Attrition from 1 and 2 raters
- Implement Job rotation within/across unit
- Open communication with team for any progress with their performance
- Reduce Operational losses due to operations errors
- Zero Tolerance on overdue audit items - No. of overdue audit items
- Comply with the procedure and policy in Production Line
- Establish secure control for confidential data in Lending Operation environment
- Ensure Local DOI should align with GDOI, which if any gap happen it should be recorded in Country Addendum (CA)
- Audits achieving MCA rating Advanced/Established
- Drive 100% Commitment to Code of Conduct
- Monitor e-learning and mandatory training for not miss including team
- Not breach for 1% for ops error in each area
- Perform any necessary action to improve quality and build robust process in production
- Manage DOI as per current implementation process and perform review as per target date
- Manage issues and projects with Target Time which listed in Lending Operation
- Ensure new policy or procedure will be implemented as per target date
- Ensure new procedure and update from Group and Country Business will implement as per target date
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Indonesia, Global Lending Services to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Regulator of Indonesia : Bank Indonesia and Otoritas Jasa Keuangan.
- Serve as a Director of the Board of CCIB Business Team
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- SCB Indonesia CCIB Business Team
- SCB Indonesia Compliance Team
- SCB Indonesia Legal Team
- SCB ASEAN Regional Risk and Control Team
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.