Living Goods is looking for a Head of Finance and Administration (HFA) who will be a strategic thought-partner, and will report directly to the LG Global CFO with dotted line matrix reporting to the Country Director. The HFA will have solid process and fiscal management skills, knowledge of non-profit and fund accounting. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional with specific expertise in fiscal management and fund accounting, nonprofit management and governance, and supply chain management. The HFA will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: accounting, financial management, statutory compliance, treasury management, audit function, operational planning and budgeting, administration including the procurement and supply chain function.
The HFA will play a critical role in partnering with the senior management team in strategic decision making and operations as Living Goods- Kenya continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Contribute to the country strategy and support CD to develop the strategy, analytics and action plans to deliver on the organization strategy.
- Support the development of a country supply chain strategy to support the directly supported CHW network.
- Contribute to the LG Global Strategy through engagements with the Global Finance team and country analytics to inform strategic decision making.
Accounting and Financial Data Quality
- Oversee the accounting function and ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Update, document and implement all necessary organizational policies and accounting practices based on LG Global frameworks to improve the finance and administration departments efficiency and internal controls.
- Oversee the timely submission of statutory filings including tax returns, company registrar filings, insurance submissions, etc and ensure compliance with country financial, tax reporting and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure accounting processes and workflows are fit for operational purposes to maximize the use of digital platforms and compliance with organizational approved delegation of authority.
- Coordinate and lead the annual auditing process including liaising with external auditors, liaising with the LG CFO and Finance/Audit committee of the Board of Directors.
- Managing the country cash flow and forecasting and providing oversight of all bank accounts.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial reports and analysis;
- collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting in collaboration with the Global Grant management function.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Global Financial Team, Country Director – Kenya and Country Senior Management Team.
- administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior management team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Country management and Global Financial Management team.
Administration & Supply Chain – Procurement, Logistics and Facilities
- Oversee the management of the entire process in planning of procurement and supply chain, inventory control, logistics and distribution, ensuring effectively functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities.
- Ensure effective lines of communication between the Operations Department and the supply chain team to ensure priority requirements, timely delivery of goods and services using the most appropriate procurement procedures.
- Ensure effective use of internal SOPs in supply chain, control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and elaboration of improvements in systems and processes.
- Be responsible for introduction process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery.
- Support the proper development and utilization of the ERP system.
- Oversee the management of vendor, supplier and contractor relationship.
- Oversee the quarterly and annual forecasting of goods and services needed by the operations. Ensure systematic cost efficiencies.
- Ensure full compliance with procurement policies and procedures and quality requirement especially for medicines management.
- Coordinate the efforts of the logistics team to determine and implement best practices for distribution up to the last mile and warehousing.
- Support the operations team to maximize the cost -effective distribution solution for goods.
- Oversee the monitoring of inventory levels at all warehouses and maximize working capital.
- Ensure facilities are compliant with Health and Safety guidelines as well as Drug Authorities guidelines.
- Manage the cost efficiency of lease and facilities running cost.
- Provide leadership and support to the Accounting, Finance, Supply chain, procurement and logistics
- Ensure the hiring and talent pipeline management of quality engaged staff
- Provide coaching, mentoring and development of staff
- Monitoring performance and initiating timely action to strengthen staff and staff engagement
- Translating organizational goals into functional and individual goals and ensure proper task and functional divisions
Skills & Competencies
- Mission-driven, articulate professional with substantial finance and administrative management experience.
- Keen analytical, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision-making.
- Proven strength in building and sustaining supportive relationships and persuasively communicating institutional goals and needs.
- Experience working in Africa.
- Strong human resource management experience; ability to supervise, mentor and engage staff members and inspire credibility, confidence and build consensus.
- Prior experience with Grant management.
- Outstanding ability to translate financial concepts to and effectively collaborate with programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Technology savvy and specific knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically with expertise in complex problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills, displays good judgment.
- 10+ years’ experience in managing the finances and administration of a donor-funded programs, including knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping, and monitoring and managing budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- CPA/ACCA preferred.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.