Marley Spoon is bringing delightful, market fresh and easy cooking back to the people. Our chefs create inspiring and mouth-watering recipes every week. You select what you would like to cook and we deliver the recipes and all the ingredients you need. We use technology to re-invent the food supply chain while reducing unethical food waste and directly connecting consumers with quality producers. In order to achieve this, we are solving challenging problems in taste profiling, behaviour prediction and real-time logistics.
But in the end, it's simple: We started Marley Spoon because we love cooking and we love eating.
Marley Spoon is currently operating in Australia, the US, and Europe. To manage our rapid growth, we are looking for an entrepreneurial Head of Site/Production to lead our team in our Sydney Fulfilment Centre. You will be joining the team at an exciting time as we prepare to move to our purpose-built site in Wetherill Park in 2021.
- Build Marley Spoon Australia’s NSW production operation to meet production targets and prepare for future growth.
- Lead site production team for day-to-day operations, provide technical support for the facility from end-to-end and achieve all operational objectives.
- Analyse site performance KPI’s and ensure ownership in the team for continuous improvement.
- Optimise production processes through automation to reduce labour cost and increase site production capacity.
- Execute maintenance procedures and plans, undertake scheduled preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness as per industry standards by working on equipment availability, performance and quality of output.
- Ensure compliance with Work Health and Safety requirements and ensure Safety processes are adhered to.
- Collaborate with other local and global functions to develop and share best practices and drive innovation of global processes.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure seamless end-to-end workflow and constantly strive for operational excellence.
- Expect and engage trouble as soon as you can spot it making sure to have a plan-b at all times.
- Exemplify the Marley Spoon values and lead the team through rapid growth.
- Ensure output meets quality standards
This is you:
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience in production, maintenance, supply chain, engineering and Capital Projects in a startup or fast-moving consumer goods environment.
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Self-reliant, quality committed and creative in problem-solving.
- Biased for action with strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Ability to develop and introduce best practices.
- Proven analytical experience across ERP systems and proficiency in MS Office
- Strong attention to detail and passion for perfection
- Operational experience in implementing new technology.
- Change management experience in leading and involvement
- University degree in Engineering or Business Administration with relevant shop floor experience.
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- 2+ years experience as an overall site lead
- Lean qualified (Black Belt+) with experience applying lean methodologies in operations
- Operational experience in identifying and implementing automation.
- Experience leading manufacturing teams in fresh/ultra-fresh produce
- Experience and understanding of Australian Food Authority compliance
What we offer:
- Rapid growth in building a global brand.
- A young, dynamic team with big ambitions
- Autonomy in your work and clear career progression opportunities
- 5 days of paid training per year
- 12 free Marley Spoon boxes per year