Caregiver Job Description
Job Title: Healthcare Aide
Reports To: Care Manager / Staffing Coordinator
Website: [...] 780-490-7337
Job Description: Provides companionship and care for elderly clients in their own homes, hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, etc.
Depending on the client’s needs, the following responsibilities may be assigned and may change as the client’s needs change:
- Assist clients with ADL care, which includes bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming and transferring.
- Prepare meals following clients prescribed dietary restrictions and the Balanced Care Method.
- Change bed linens wash and iron laundry, and clean clients’ homes (no more than 20% of the time).
- Conduct basic errands, such as grocery shopping.
- Provide companionship to clients in a caring manner.
- Incorporate aspects of the Balanced Care Method into your clients’ care (e.g., go for a walk, visit the local senior center, play a board game).
- Provide transportation services.
- Maintain a detailed record of services provided and clients’ current conditions.
- Validate your on-time arrival and departure for every shift utilizing our telephony system.
- Alert your Care Manager / Staffing Coordinator about major changes or incidents during your work.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth in the Employee Manual.
- Maintain your working schedule and alert your manager of any planned absence.
- Provide an adequate notice for time off – 2 weeks.
- Complete HCA University Coursework.
- Provide other duties as assigned by your supervisors.