As the first Kempinski hotel in China, Kempinski Hotel
Beijing Lufthansa Center blends timeless European style with rich Chinese
cultural history to create a true Chinese experience for new-age travelers.
Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center houses 480 newly renovated rooms and
suites, together with 10 conference rooms and one of the largest pillar-free
ballrooms in the city with natural daylight. With over 7 different restaurants
and bars, YouYi shopping center, two private gardens, and easy transportation
access points to some of Beijing's most iconic and monumental scenes, Kempinski
Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center is Beijing's portal into China.
Restaurant Host /
The overall scope of the
job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned outlet,
providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent
with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski’s DNA values in
order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Responsible to Assistant
Restaurant Manager / Restaurant Manager
- Report to duty punctually
wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate
shoes (polished) and nametag at all times according to the hotels dress
code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of
personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- A courteous, professional and
efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are
performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all
services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and
understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department
- Have the knowledge and
understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the
department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies,
equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work
and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening
and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest enquiries in a
courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to
- Report guest complaints
immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with
- Be knowledgeable to operate the
existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned
in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere
to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual
and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and
work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all
staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings
- Undertake reasonable tasks and
secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the
department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out
scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned
reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Project at all times a positive
and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Maintain and update the
restaurants guest history.
- Maintain a legible and up to
date reservation book.
- Maintain and coordinate the
printing of the respective restaurant menus.
- Maintain excellent
communication to all related departments i.e
- Guest Services and Concierge
- Restaurant Reservations
- All other F&B outlets, In
Room dining and Banquet Service
Additional responsibilities and tasks can
be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired skills and qualifications:
Nationality: Eligible for a working permit in country of hire.
Education: BA/BSc in Hospitality Management or related field preferred.
Experience: To fill the position, the following is required:
- Experience in an F&B service role.
Language: Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Local language – excellent oral and written skills.
- English – excellent oral and written skills.
- Additional language – beneficial.
- Ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
Technical Competencies: Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word is beneficial.
Individual Characteristics: To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition they should be especially:
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
- Works well under pressure
Other Skills: Depending on region and property.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential. Embrace an experience as individual as you are!