Sr HR Advisor
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Responsible for multiple countries or a single large complex country in a region.
• Primary HR contact for the employees in the assigned local office, acting as a liaison between the employee and the Corporate HR department
• Partners with employees and local management to communicate various HR policies, practices and Company guidelines, ensuring adherence to legislation and statutes by country. Seeks senior HR involvement and Legal guidance as applicable.
• Works closely with department and local business unit leadership providing HR guidance (i.e. coaching, workforce planning, disciplinary advice). Provides HR partnership on business unit initiatives and projects as needed.
• Consults with all levels of Company management regarding policy interpretation; conflict management resolution; and performance management. Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees regarding personnel policies, practices and employment law.
• Leads or assists with the investigations of potential policy violations including employee misconduct, discrimination, retaliation, etc. Develops and recommends appropriate action for management consideration.
• Consults with all levels of Company management regarding policy interpretation; conflict management resolution; and performance management. Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees regarding HR policies, practices and employment law.
• Counsels management through the stages of progressive discipline, termination and involuntary exit procedures. Liaises with and provides analysis to the Legal department and executive management when involuntary separation is identified.
• Analyzes new employee and exit interview survey data, sharing results. Recommends new approaches and procedures to effect continual improvement and retention of staff.
• Maintains current knowledge and expertise in Human Resources and applicable industry including country specific regulations, competitive and trend information.
• Conduct new hire onboarding and induction, explaining HR Policies, local benefit, etc
• Handle general queries from employees which may include payroll or benefit concerns, referring to specific COE functions as needed
• May assist with coordinating payroll information with Finance and payroll provider
• May assist employees with immigration matters, coordinating with the Legal department and external counsel
• Manages exit process to include employee exit interview, benefit documentation, manager self- service transaction entry and return of company equipment/ property.
• Manages employment contracts, document retention such as Personal Files
• Participates in Company projects and initiatives, coordinating events in local office
• Manages employee relations. Responds to complaints, conducting thorough and objective investigations, per HR policy guidelines.
• Represents the Company at unemployment hearings and appeals. May assist in EEOC complaint response. (U.S. only)
What we’re looking for
• Has up to date working knowledge of employment legislation in appropriate countries, and its application in practice.
• HR Generalist experience is required within a commercial and/or regional business role.
• Exceptional organizational, planning and communication skills are required.
• Be a proactive team player with strong customer service and problem solving skills, able to manage relationships and conflicting priorities.
• Experienced in supporting line managers through change.
• Able to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial.
• Is self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team.
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
Primary Location: Asia Pacific - IND-Kinapse-Gurgaon
Job: Human Resources
Employee Status: Temporary