For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
For our office in Leiden we are looking for a part time HR Assistant to strengthen our team
HR ASSISTANT (24 hours)
In this role you will team up with the HR Business Partner and will be responsible in providing HR-assistance on various general HR administration for our offices in Leiden and Beerse (Belgium).
We are an international team on both locations and you should enjoy working in a changing and dynamic workplace. You will work independent and provide admin support on various HR topics and you will be able to develop further on many HR aspects.
The following tasks will be your responsibility:
• Preparing various HR correspondence and employment contracts
• Ensuring that HR personnel files and HR systems (ADP-Perman & Success Factors) are accurate and up to date
• Ensuring sickness registration in our ARBO system and take care of the follow up
• Preparing accurate and timely the groundwork for the payroll and keeping other (leave) administration up to date
• Supporting in the admin work for the recruitment activities (invitations, correspondence, security clearance etc).
• Supporting the company onboarding process of new employees (communication and introductions)
• Supporting in the admin work in training activities
• Provide HR admin advice to all staff if required
• Many other administrative activities (e.g. applying 30% ruling, UWV and IND correspondence)
• You have an MBO+/HBO HR background and have work experience in a similar role - preferably international.
• You have good Microsoft Office skills and have worked with various HR systems -ADP Perman/Success Factors is a pre
• You are fluent in English and Dutch – written and verbal
• You work accurate, are integer and feel responsible for your work and the HR processes
• You are a team player and have good organization and communication skills
• You are interested in the broad HR portfolio and remain up to date on the latest developments
• Joining the HR team of a growing international organization
• Working closely with the HR teams in Den Bosch and in the UK
• Having an independent role and many opportunities to develop within the HR field
• Good employment conditions and we have flexible working hours
• A part-time contract 24 hours per week (preferably over 4-5 days)
• We have an informal and open culture within our organization
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 350 patents and 80 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.