Job ID: 263459
Worldwide Architectural Supplier Seeks a world class HR Business Partner!
We are on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at ‘a job’ but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a work hard, play hard environment and seek the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to CRL!
Who are we:
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL), a CRH company, is the leading supplier to the glazing, architectural, railing, construction, industrial, and automotive industries. Offering more than 60,000 products, we serve the industry from locations throughout North America, Europe, and Australia.
We are part of the Oldcastle Building Envelope of CRH and operate our business to the highest standards of quality and customer service. The companies and institutions that depend on us impact the growing fields of glass fabrication, construction, architecture, and automotive restyling. Their positions as leaders in their own industries mean they demand the highest standards from their suppliers.
CR Laurence’s Canadian division is seeking an HR Business Partner to support our international operations. The ideal candidate will contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels with a passion for building an engaged culture. If you are motivated and enjoy being part of a fast paced and results driven organization look no further!
What will you be responsible for:
• Canadian HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for strategic alignment of business objectives with employees and management.
• HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to the organization.
• Contribute to the development and management of an employee engagement strategy that delivers a positive employee experience for all employees at all stages of their employment journey with CRL.
• Supporting talent acquisition and recruitment initiatives to onboard high-quality talent.
• Work with business leaders to assess talent risks, build talent and succession plans for the organization, ensuring critical roles succession is managed to mitigate risks.
• Support the talent review/succession planning process including managing the creation and tracking progress of development plans, monitoring succession plans, and maintaining talent profiles.
• Collaborates in the development and management of a career path framework to ensure leaders and employees are developed in a structured and thoughtful way that builds their capability for career progression.
• Manage the performance process to ensure every employee is clear on how their performance goals and contributions support CRL’s business performance and growth strategies.
• Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
• Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation and is well versed with Canadian Employment law (Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia, and Alberta)
• Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
• Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
• Proactively assess team and manager development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
• Execute on talent management strategies to support a team’s growth and individual development plans.
• Proactively assess team and manager development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions.
• Provide rigorous data analysis and reporting solutions based on business needs
• Execute on talent management strategies to support a team’s growth and individual development plans and annual performance management cycle.
• Participate as an integral member of the HR Team and conducts initiatives as directed
• Provides data analysis and reporting solutions based on business needs.
This is the job for you if:
• You can be both tactical and strategic: Capable of developing and implementing plans to hit business objectives and have a strong sense of urgency.
• You are a strong communicator, listener, and presenter and can interact across various levels with ease.
• You track and follow up effectively and concisely relay information to cross functional partners and senior management.
• You believe in proactive collaboration: Self-starter who can work in teams from cross functional departments.
• You are learning driven: Open to continuously improving on processes and working knowledge and how to coach and lead our managers and teams to continuous learning and development.
• Being results focused describes you: Ability to track minor and major details and follow up accordingly.
• Ability to build and maintain trust-based, collaborative relationships and influence others.
• You demonstrate initiative, tenacity and the ability to think critically to reach the best solution.
• You have initiative, tenacity and the ability to think critically to reach the best solution.
• You are a confident communicator and highly approachable.
• Proven knowledge of full lifecycle of recruiting components such as qualifying; networking, assessing, and wage/salary trends.
• Ability to thrive in changing environment and strong in multitasking.
A few of things we require:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related fields
• Extensive HR Generalist experience in a manufacturing or distribution organization and highly knowledgeable in Canadian employment law
• 5+ years of progressive Human Resources experience
• CHRP Certified Professional or working towards your designation
• Bilingual in French would be an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive & confidential information
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experienced with Microsoft Suite (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
• Knowledge of HR systems such as SuccessFactors and Ultipro an asset
What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
C.R. Laurence Co., a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.