Acosys consulting is currently hiring an Organizational Design and Classification Consultant for a 3-year contract. The successful candidate will begin work within 15-days of the winning contract.
Our client is reviewing the organizational design and functional alignment in multiple areas across the department encompassing executive (EX) structures. The Human Resources Branch (HRB), as the core human resources service provider within the department, is a key stakeholder in supporting these activities. The EX Classification Unit supports the EX structure.
ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN FOR EX STRUCTURE:
- Review existing organizational structures and analyze mandate, job and work responsibilities to assess efficiency and effectiveness as well as develop organizational design options to make recommendations for improved functionality
- Data Gathering: review available documentation and any other related information (i.e. work descriptions, organization charts, etc. and any other related studies)
- Conduct, as required, all phases of EX organizational analysis and design studies including needs identification analysis, diagnosis, development of organizational options, and optimal option as well as develop related reports and action plans.
EX WORK DESCRIPTIONS:
- Create and/or develop a new work description, including Branch Heads/Assistant Deputy Minister positions using the format prescribed in the clients Directive on EX Group Organization and Classification
- Review and update work description(s) resulting from an important program change or a reorganization, including Branch Heads/Assistant Deputy Minister positions to ensure they align with current job context and accountabilities.
- Update a work description resulting from minor changes of responsibilities and/or change of context (to reflect new organizational structure), including Branch Heads/Assistant Deputy Minister positions.
- Provide advice and guidance on organizational and classification issues.
- Liaise with HRB as well as Senior Management within the Department.
- Conduct analyses and review work descriptions’ positions to prepare rationales in the Executive Management Category to meet client requirements
- The consultant will be required to interface with the Human Resources Branch to ensure compliance of products and services to establish and meet priorities.
DELIVERABLES – EX CLASSIFICATION UNIT
- Provide the Technical Authority a written status report at least monthly, at the end of each Task Authorization, or as agreed with the Technical Authority, for each Task Authorization. The status must include details that pertain to the following: meetings attended by the consultants; areas where work has been delayed; and, other details, as required.
ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN FOR EX STRUCTURE:
- Meet with clients to confirm the scope and objectives of the org. design exercise and expected results, to obtain senior management’s views, to discuss/approve approach/project plan and provide verbal or written action plan with recommendations proposed steps/actions, timeframe and consultation process
- Develop interview questions
- Conduct individual interviews with client management and all other involved stakeholders
- If and when required, facilitate a group to gather more information on the current structure and potential
- Analyze the findings and identify/discuss issues and develop/prepare a Report on Findings, meet with senior management (ADM, DGs) for validation/input to obtain direction.
- Provide verbal or written report and action plan with recommendations, develop organizational options (a minimum of 3) with related SWOT (strength/weakness/Opportunities and Threats) and present/discuss proposed organizational options to senior management (ADM, DG) and recommend best option organizational structure for improved functionality to better align existing EX organizational structures, design, mandates, job and work responsibilities.
EX WORK DESCRIPTIONS
- Produce new work description
- Produce revised or updated work description further to an important program change or reorganization
- Produce rationales for already rendered classification decisions for Executive Management Category positions that support Departmental operational requirements.
- Must have 10 years of experience as an Organizational Design and Classification Consultant. This experience should include writing EX level position descriptions for the following streams: Audit and Evaluation; Communications and Public Engagement; Corporate Leadership to Programs/Services; Finance, etc.
- Provide 3 references for work performed in support of a federal government organization, representing Management or HR Advisors currently or previously working for an organization within the federal government.
- Provide documentation certifying training in the Hay Plan. In addition to providing documentation you should demonstrate experience in writing EX level work descriptions using the Hay Plan within the past 5 years.
- Demonstrated experience writing Executive position descriptions within the last 8 years in at least 3 different fields as a Senior Organizational Design and Classification Consultant (e.g.; corporate services, policy, program delivery, scientific or other)
- Must have demonstrated 5 years of experience within the past 8 years providing organizational design and classification advice and services for Executive Management.
- Must have demonstrated 5 years of experience within the past 8 years writing executive Management Category job descriptions and justification of EX job descriptions
All reports must be completed in French and English. The work will be completed in English.
Security clearance -Enhanced Reliability Clearance or above
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume by email to: email@example.com.
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.
Your application will be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review all application instructions before applying.