Human Resources Generalist
Are you an experienced Human Resources Generalist with a passion for culture? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment that puts people first? If you’re excited about building lasting relationships with a diverse team of digital marketers, join our Operations team on our mission to be the most sought-after agency in Canada.
A Human Resources Generalist at Arcane is responsible for providing leadership and support across departments on all things engagement, recruitment and retention, health and safety, wellness, performance management, coaching, and aligning HR processes and systems with organizational goals and strategies.
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations, the ideal candidate will be passionate and personable with the ability to connect with people locally and across a distributed workforce.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key accountabilities for this role will include but are not limited to:
- Responding to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and providing assistance where needed
- Maintaining records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, turnover rates etc.) in both paper and electronic formats and ensuring all employment requirements are met
- Leading, managing and proactively engaging in the Health and Safety initiatives that impact the organization and making recommendations accordingly
- Leading the coaching and advising on employee relations issues including performance management
- Liaising with all departments in specific HR related tasks (i.e., payroll, H&S, recruitment)
- Supporting the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates, performing reference checks, assisting Team Leaders in shortlisting candidates, issuing employment contracts, and managing the offer stage
- Performing orientations and onboarding and updating records with new hires
- Leading the execution of learning and development initiatives
- Managing campus recruitment initiatives, posting job opportunities with universities/colleges, liaising with campus coordinators, and attending information sessions
- Implementing, developing and tracking key HR metrics for trend analysis and reporting back on results and recommendations
- Working closely with employees, employee committees, and managers to improve work relationships, build morale, achieve organizational goals, and drive employee engagement
- Identifying employee engagement needs and opportunities for each department, leading initiatives where required. Supporting the implementation of the Engagement Survey Action Plans
- Developing, recommending and implementing company policies, procedures, and appropriate training in all areas of employment, including employee relations and performance management
- Championing and leading company-wide Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or equivalent
- CHRP / CHRL designation preferred
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of HR Management
- Knowledge of employment law and provincial legislation
- Minimum 2 years related experience, in an HR Administrator or Coordinator role
- Ability to work independently, learn quickly and resourcefully, and act as a team player
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with highly confidential information and situations
- Ability to exercise conflict management and critical thinking skills, good judgment, and decision-making for problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn and understand the agency environment and matrix reporting structure
If you’re interested in joining our team as a Human Resources Generalist, please submit your application by March 17, 2021. We sincerely thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In 2011, Arcane started with a vision to shake up the broken advertising and marketing industry. Today, with a team of passionate digital marketers, we are delivering on our mission to change the reality of marketing ‘spend’ from an expense line item to a predictable revenue generator.
We’ve built our team (located in London, Toronto, and Calgary) with individuals that share a passion for innovation and results. Our passion and dedication has led us to many early successes. Arcane is one of the fastest growing companies in North America:
- 2018 Google Americas Winners, Search Innovation Award
- Branham300 Top 250 list, 2018
- 41st in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 ranking and 196 in Fast 500 in North America (2018)
- #135 in the GROWTH 500: The Complete Ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies (2018)
- 38th in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 ranking and 241 in Fast 500 in North America (2017)
- #41 in the GROWTH 500: The Complete Ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies (2017)
Evolve or perish, there is no other option. Arcane is the original digital-first agency. Our clients sell more.
Arcane welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We’re committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, persons of any gender identity or expressions, or any sexual orientation, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Arcane Digital Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and vows to make any necessary disability-related accommodations, upon request, throughout the entirety of the recruitment and selection process. Need support in your application? Just let us know.