HR Manager (Disability Services) Required in QLD
We are an innovative, dynamic and forward thinking registered NDIS Provider with an exciting opportunity. We pride ourselves on our workmanship, attention to detail. We have built a number of brand new SDA homes and are in the process of building many more across QLD and other states of Australia. We provide services throughout the Brisbane region. Our brand new, state of the art, Platinum level SDA homes are located in high demand areas, close to transport, medical and all other facilities.
We are looking for a proactive, experienced, passionate and professional individual to fill the full-time position of HR Manager. This position is responsible for ensuring that there are appropriate human resource management systems and practices in place to support the efficient and effective management of the Cocoon workforce.
We are a high performing and collaborative team, always treating each other with dignity and respect. This is an amazing opportunity for a HR Manager with drive and ambition to make an impact on their career with a new challenge, coupled with the following:
- Be a core member of a rapidly growing NDIS Provider
- Future career opportunities
- Start work immediately
- Opportunities for personal development in a rewarding industry
- Flexible work arrangements
- Can work from home
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide effective leadership of staff within relevant areas of responsibility to ensure optimum service delivery, to enhance productivity and to support a continuous improvement culture
- Demonstrate active and visible leadership in WHS management for staff and others within relevant area of responsibility and contribute to the implementation and development of WHS policy, procedure and processes to ensure a safe work environment
- Implement and promote Cocoon’s Risk Management Policy to ensure that risk identification, analysis, evaluation and risk treatments are achieved
- Identifying opportunities for the continual improvement and enhancement of human resource systems and processes and developing and implementing strategies to achieve the required changes
- Developing and implementing appropriate recruitment methods and processes that effectively and efficiently support Cocoon’s workforce needs, with an emphasis on attracting appropriately skilled and value-aligned staff
- Working with the Senior Management Team and other managers in the development of key performance indicators at the organisational, functional, and individual levels
- Developing and maintaining appropriate tools and related documentation (including policy and procedure) for use by managers in meeting their staff performance management and development responsibilities
- Representing Cocoon in negotiations with unions and/or other employee representatives on a range of issues including workplace bargaining, disputes and other workplace relation matters
- Ensuring employment related documentation and practices are consistent with contemporary industrial requirements and support the management of industrial risk
- Ensuring that Return To Work (RTW) systems, practices and administrative processes comply with legislation, best practice and organisational policies and procedures
- Leading WHS risk management initiatives across the organisation and providing advice and assistance to managers as required
- Other reasonable responsibilities, as directed
Essential Eligibility Criteria
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a similar position or field
- Experience working with the health sector including Government Departments, hospitals, nursing homes, disability services and retirement villages, etc.
- Have an open heart and mind with willingness to change to improve
- Knowledge of NDIS support workers and their pay scales
- Demonstrated generalist experience in contemporary human resource practices
- High level of interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain relationships within a team, with customers, and with various stakeholders
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict, solve problems and conduct difficult negotiations
- Ability to work within time frames, ensuring that deadlines are met
- Computer literacy skills and experience in Microsoft office products
- Experience in initiating, writing, implementing and evaluating human resource best practices and strategies
- Sound knowledge of industrial relations legislation and practices and ability to apply that knowledge in the workplace
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management (or equivalent experience)
- Qualifications in business management (desirable)
- Membership of relevant professional association (e.g. AHRI)
We are determined to employ dedicated and caring people!
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Please complete the application process and we’ll be in touch.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
No recruitment agencies please.