- Based in Adelaide
- Broad HR Leadership role: IR/ER, Talent, Capability & Culture
- Focus on Remote & Offshore portfolio
Compass Group is a world leader in catering and support services, employing over 600,000 people across 45 countries. Rated number one in our industry on Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies for 2020, Compass Group serves 5.5 billion meals each year to our 55,000 clients worldwide.
We are currently recruiting a HR Manager to support our growing Remote and Offshore portfolio in South Australia. The “ESS” portfolio is a division of Compass Group that provides a range of support service solutions to the remote sector, particularly across mining and oil & gas.
Reporting to the National HR Director for Remote & Offshore who is based in Perth, the HR Manager will provide technical advice and business coaching to the leadership function, and their teams, across all facets of the employee lifecycle.
- Provide technical advice on complex employee, department, structure and/or change management processes and issues
- Support line leaders on HR/ER matters including employee relations, performance management, remuneration, HR policies & procedures and performance management
- Provide support to our People services team, and take ownership of escalations or complex matters
- Engage with the broader People leadership team to develop and execute HR initiatives, strategies and tools, and ensure compliance with industrial instruments and HR metrics. Provide support to payroll as required.
- Partner with Operations Leaders and Support Services to develop a talent strategy and agenda that will support employee engagement, retention and talent development.
- Identify opportunities to provide ‘fit for purpose’ solutions and programs to support the employee lifecycle stage
- Contribute to, and provide leadership for new contract bids and mobilisations
The successful applicant will demonstrate :
- A breadth of HR skills and capability, particularly in employee relations and building organisational capability applied within a commercial framework,
- A good understanding and knowledge of industrial relations and frameworks and have the ability to build and manage relationships with employees and their representatives
- A willingness to provide hands on support, and the energy and enthusiasm to get out amongst the business – which may require travelling to remote mining sites
- A broad range of influencing skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- An authentic and confident style that is collaborative, inclusive whilst driving outcomes in a rapidly changing environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources Management or Industrial Relations and a demonstrated passion for learning
Why work at Compass Group?
Working in an environment with lean management structures and processes, where HR is a highly valued team member, you will have the ability to have a broad remit and be influential across the business. Compass Group provides great career opportunities globally for capable HR professionals who make a difference.