This is the Role
The Head Up Display Optics & Characterization Engineer is focused on improving our HUD offerings that can be applied to current and future applications. You will be actively leading and participating in the improvement and product development efforts of our HUD capabilities to enable next generation HUD interlayers products, as well as validation of current product performance. As an optical expert, you will be representing Eastman AMI in collaboration projects which will require travelling (EU and non-EU) up to 20% of your time.
Typical duties are
• Lead optical and material characterization efforts on HUD products.
• Screen the industry for new emerging technologies and evaluating synergies with interlayers.
• Lead the efforts in HUD optical system optimization with internal and external stakeholders.
• Identify, develop and drive new application areas involving optical interlayers.
• Provide guidance and hands-on support to optical characterization efforts in the lab.
• Represent Eastman in external industry events, trade fairs and conferences.
• Provide technical guidance and expertise to solve optics related issues at customer site.
This is who you are
• Master’s degree or PhD in engineering related to Optics / Applied Physics / Photonics / Material Science / Physics.
• Minimum 2 years of industrial experience in optical displays & characterization.
• Analytical and data driven mindset with some exposure to CAD-tools.
• Optical simulation experience (Geometric Optics preferably)
• Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills
• Proficient in project management flows and MS office toolsets
• Collaborative mind-set: proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Full professional proficiency in English.