Human Resources Director
The role will provide overall functional leadership to K-C Thailand; Lead the HR function in full spectrum of HR programs and align the strategic people plans with business objectives. As a key member to country leadership teams, the HR Director is the trusted HR advisor to the business leaders and will be in a position of true influence on key strategic business partnering matters across the organization. Collaborate, implement and secure alignment with managers related to the implementation of People’s policies, practices and programs within their functions and overall organization and ensure compliance with any relevant country labor statutory requirements.
Business Function: Consumer Business, K-C Professional, Mill Operations
Strategic Planning & Functional Leadership
- Via coordinating with local management and regional HR management, manage the development and implementation of a local Country/Mill HR agenda, in support and alignment with local business objectives and corporate/regional HR strategies
- Assist with the company key objectives/priorities (strategy formulation) process by providing HR inputs, advice and facilitation
- Develop the metrics and processes to evaluate the HR functions performance
- Get involved proactively in the budgeting and forecasting review and analysis
- Drive Internal and External Employer Branding as an employer of choice - Drive the Agenda of people strategies
- Develop HR member(s) through coaching and providing feedback
- Be an active, credible and trusted member of the country team leadership.Demonstrated business and analytical ability with a proven ability to build relationships and influence different working groups
HR Business Partnering
- Work with key business partners to ensure that the end to end HR processes are effectively executed.
- Strong facilitation, consulting, relationship-building, influence, negotiation skills, and project management skills. Provide advice, consult and coach managers to come up with relevant solutions in people related matters
- Use data and insights to identify opportunities for improvements in the business, discuss them with line management and facilitate problem solving
- Actively take part in organizational structure reviews, following business strategies - Lead change, especially on cultural transformation. Demonstrated ability to operate in a complex environment with speed and agility in execution.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities
- Advanced written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skill. Effectively facilitate discussions and deliver communications to large groups of people
- Ability to effectively navigate Workday and Microsoft Office Suite
HR Practice Excellence, in partnership with APAC and COEs
Talent Acquisition (TA) and Talent Management (TM)
- Implement local talent acquisition plans and talent development programs, based on the standard frameworks
- Assist business leaders with the workforce planning (capacity and capability) process to provide competitive advantage and support/alignment with business strategy/objectives
- Lead the review, evaluation and implementation of employment practices i.e. permanent vs. contract labor
- Deploy corporate talent management processes and practices at the country level, including EVP, Talent Review Process, leadership development, development plans etc.
Organization Development (OD) / Performance Management (PM)
- Implement OD and PM strategies, plans and programs
- Help managers increase their capability in providing feedback, handling performance conversations, applying performance improvement plans
Compensation & Benefits (C&B)
- Deploy market-based compensation philosophy into relevant local C&B solutions and implement them, including country benefits and related policies
- Implement key global/regional C&B programs
- Train line managers to ensure they understand key C&B principles & can apply them
Learning & Development
- Carry out training needs analysis from which establish and implement the annual training plan for the country
- Activate the 3E concept (Education, Exposure, Experience) in a relevant way
- Develop local initiatives as appropriate
- Facilitate corporate training modules from time to time, as required
- Facilitate the Employee Engagement Survey as per corporate guidelines
- Act as a change agent to facilitate the development and execution of the engagement action plans
- As an Executive Sponsor to drive employee engagement and diversity and inclusion initiatives
Labor and Employee Relations
- Establish and manage harmonious working relationship with Unions.
- Work with legal team to ensure country practices, polices and work rules comply with relevant labour regulations.
- Manage performance improvement and disciplinary cases effectively; free from labor disputes
- Ensure overall harmonious working environment across all worker types.
- Review and ensure country policies and work rules are updated and relevant to attract and retain talents within the organization.
- Keep abreast with industry practice and offerings
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree with above 14+ years’ experience in HR with approximately 5+ years in team leadership position.
- Ability to communicate, read and write in Thai native language is highly preferred and is an added advantage.
- Cross-border travel estimated at 10% (occasionally), within Thailand 40% within K-C site operations (Silom Office, North and South Mill)
The position requires broad appreciation and understanding of business management. The incumbent must have demonstrated strengths in interpersonal skills, business partnering and possess strong HR functional technical knowledge, including local labour laws, market and HR trends. The incumbent will lead the HR function, champion the people agenda, and have had HR operational experience. The ideal candidate will have good influencing and communication skills, strong operations experience, assertiveness, change management experience and proven record of being culturally adaptable.
FMCG or experience in similar industry, including working exposure in a mill environment (manufacturing plant). Good experience in org design and/or talent management. Worked in complex and fast paced multi-business unit environment and able to bring speed to execution and decision making. Demonstrated HR expertise at Director level with preference to interact with COE's and senior business leaders at C – level.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:K-C will support relocation for the chosen candidate for this role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion