Advisian (Worley Group) Water Resources is a diverse team of hydrologists, water engineers and hydrogeologists. We deliver water management solutions for our clients as an independent service line as well as part of larger multidisciplinary teams on a broad range of exciting projects. We are industry leaders who partner with our clients to deliver some of the most technically challenging water projects across Australia and internationally. We strive to enhance our client’s projects through integrating best practice water stewardship principles supported by technical excellence.
Working as a local team and as part of a broader team of water professionals across Australia, we undertake groundwater resource investigations, groundwater modelling, water supply studies and impact assessments for mining, hydrocarbons, chemicals and infrastructure clients.
Advisian is seeking applications from Hydrogeologists to join our Water Resources team based in our Perth Office.
As an experienced Hydrogeologist, you will have the opportunity to work on large-scale world class projects focused on design and execution of field investigations and assessments supporting conceptual and detailed engineering design of water-related aspects on a wide variety of projects from inception to closure.
Advisian continues to grow and provides the successful candidate interesting and challenging projects to further their professional development. This role will provide you with exciting technical challenges and opportunities to work closely with other talented professionals who are committed to mentoring and development of our staff to deliver technical excellence.
We are looking for applicants with excellent oral and written communication skills, refined time management with strong client focus. An innovative approach towards problem solving and the ability to develop profitable business relationships are also important.
The candidates require proven experience in;
- Tertiary level qualifications in Geology/Hydrogeology from a recognised institution;
- Groundwater exploration and/or mine dewatering in regional areas, resource evaluations and water resource development in Western Australia;
- Drilling supervision and management;
- Geological and hydrogeological logging and mapping;
- Presentation of hydrogeological information for engineering purposes;
- Conceptual and numerical hydrogeological modelling;
- Preparation of reports;
- Current driver's licence;
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams; and
- Effective communication with team members and co-workers.
- Tertiary degree in Hydrogeology/Geology; and
- Candidate is active in the hydrogeology and water resources community, nationally or internationally.
The candidate should be enthusiastic about developments in hydrogeology, developing capabilities, developing and implementing marketing strategies and should be capable of working at an advanced level.
The successful candidate will have the following specific accountabilities;
- Supervision of drilling and pump testing programs;
- Provide technical support on projects as required;
- Participate in project teams;
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, contract documentation and technical specifications;
- Liaise with suppliers, clients, consultants concerning field investigations, design, installation or construction and commissioning of assigned work;
- Participate in the planning and implementation of projects as required;
- Be responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of Worley’s Quality Assurance System; and
- Implement safe work practices and be responsible for personal safety. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- At least 3 years relevant experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology and Hydrogeology. Master’s or Post doctorate qualifications are preferred.
Advisian will offer you an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional and dynamic work environment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Australia and overseas.
You must have current unrestricted working rights for Australia to be eligible for consideration and only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Worley.
Make a real difference - witness the results - be a part of the Worley journey today!