This role is part of CIB Finance & Business Management in J.P. Morgan AG, which supports firm’s Corporate & Investment Banking operations in Germany. J.P. Morgan AG is active primarily in transaction banking, depositary and custody services, global clearing, markets and lending business for EEA clients and acts globally with respect to Euro clearing. J.P. Morgan AG has a full banking license pursuant to Section 1(1) of the Kreditwesengesetz (the German Banking Act) (Nos. 1 to 5 and 7 to 9) and conducts banking business with institutional clients, banks, corporate clients and clients from the public sector. J.P Morgan AG is authorized and regulated by the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (“BaFin”) and under the direct supervision as “Significant Institution” by the European Central Bank.
The Finance team has primary responsibility for financial and regulatory reporting and ensuring financial integrity within all Corporate & Investment Bank German legal entities. The team is responsible for ensuring that all legal entity implications are considered for all transactions that flow through the entities. Individual members of the team are required to have a firm understanding of the products and business that use the entities. The team collaborate extensively with the Product and Business Controllers who have primary responsibility for the business activities.
The ICAAP team within Finance has overall ownership of J.P. Morgan AG’s ICAAP process working closely with the Risk stripes and other involved teams. It defines overarching concepts, coordinates regular ICAAP refreshes and defines J.P. Morgan AG’s targets for capital management.
Opportunity The opportunity is to join J.P. Morgan AG Finance in an ICAAP role.
• Actively drive the development, production and presentation of the J.P. Morgan AG’s ICAAP to key stakeholders, senior management and the Board.
• Develop and maintain adequate documentation and governance of the ICAAP process
• Support and coordinate capital planning, capital management and stress testing activities
• Oversee, coordinate and consolidate inputs to ICAAP across various teams (Risk, Finance, and Business etc.)
• Support internal and external ICAAP audits
• Provide capital related qualitative and quantitative input into the Recovery Plan
• Relevant experience in ICAAP and capital management within the Financial Services industry
• Good knowledge of the ICAAP process under the ECB framework.
• Ability to lead and coordinate ICAAP related deliverables across geographical locations and lines of businesses in a complex matrix structure.
• Sound understanding of the capital adequacy regime (CRR, CRD, Basel etc.)
• Experience in communicating with senior management, regulators and auditors
• Analytical and detail oriented, ability to work in a fast-paced global environment
• Basic understanding of financial accounting under IFRS
• Solid English language skills, strong presentation skills
• Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
What we offer:
· Supportive environment to combine work and family requirements: flexible work arrangements, plus special support for working parents in emergency situations with free emergency childcare services and our very own parent-child office
· Financial stability: competitive salaries, pension provisions via the BVV and our very own pension plan as well as an accident insurance
· Personal wellbeing: a range of offers available - from on-site medical checks and vaccinations to educational sessions and a subsidised in-house canteen, plus the option to increase your vacation entitlement to more than the standard 30 days pa
· Create a workspace where you can be yourself: you can get involved in our local philantrophic agenda, join employee networking groups and the JPM Club for social activities
· Build your career: benefit from our bespoke mentoring programme and a broad range of learning and development offerings