DXC is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology is a $25 billion company with a 60-year legacy of delivering results for thousands of clients in more than 70 countries. Our technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions.
DXC invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. Our products, assets and innovative IP are used by the top 25 Lifesciences companies across the globe.
DXC Technology is an integral part of Australian and New Zealand healthcare. Detailed below is a summary of our coverage in ANZ.
The ANZ Lorenzo Implementation Specialist:
• works as part of the deployment team
• primary responsibility to help clients to implement ANZ Lorenzo effectively and efficiently
• has a strong understanding of healthcare systems related to PAS
• possesses implementation skills from previous implementation projects
• acts as a focal point for all key stakeholders
• works closely with Project Managers to help clients to follow a standard deployment methodology with specific deliverables
• supports the client in the setup and configuration of ANZ Lorenzo, supporting knowledge transfer and issue management
• assists the client in validation testing and business change activities.
The role may require your involvement in multiple, complex deployments covering a typical project life cycle from pre-sales and early engagement through to go-live and post go-live activities. The role is a ‘mobile’ role which will require travel to Wangaratta with hotel stays.
Essential Job Functions
• Observe and work with UK team member(s) to learn Lorenzo functionality, business processes, configuration items, related to PAS
• Provide input to the refinement of the Lorenzo UK deployment methodology for the ANZ region
• Provide input to the detailed project planning for the deployment project at Wangaratta.
2. To investigate/support queries, issues and change requests raised by the deployment projects, peers, project managers and other work streams re: solution questions, business processes, system configuration, business validation scripts.
3. Engage in all stages of the deployment project and ensure the client and the deployment project teams are kept informed, are fully trained and equipped to implement the solution offerings by supporting appropriate solution workshops and training sessions.
4. Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to the client and deployment project teams when product questions, issues, or changes are raised/escalated:
• Participate in all relevant knowledge sharing sessions
• Investigate and contribute to all product workshops and collaboration sessions
• Review high-level, functional, or detail designs for upcoming changes to the product • Write / update relevant knowledge materials to ensure peers have up-to-date knowledge on the solution for all queries, issues, changes raised
• Provide on-site support and SME to clients and deployment project teams as per the standard deployment methodology
• Provide input to and review of collateral that supports the deployment projects (eg training materials and good practice business processes) pertaining your area of expertise (PAS).
5. Updating all key collateral:
• As assigned: participate, own, contribute to the upkeep of all key collateral used to support the deployment projects.
• Support and maintain good practice deployment tips/practices or internal operational processes - documenting, communicating and sharing to relevant audiences
• Ensure that relevant group materials are up-to-date and communicated in a timely fashion
• Contribute to and participate in internal investigations, discussions, dialogues/on-line forums.
6. Configure, validate and support all environments used for demonstrations and training / workshops: • Support the internal configuration and validation of deployment/training environments to be used for demo, training and/ or workshop purposes • Assist our client and deployment project teams in their setup and configuration of local deployment environments by imparting knowledge and empowering them to lead by example.
Other Desirable Skills
• Training and education – familiar with the setup and configuration of healthcare systems and capable of effective knowledge transfer and training to high standards.
• Make good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
• Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
• Practices patient, attentive and active listening.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills; use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
• Communication skills - able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
• Organisation – have the necessary skills to balance and prioritise work effectively with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) helps global companies run their mission critical systems and operations while modernizing IT, optimizing data architectures, and ensuring security and scalability across public, private and hybrid clouds. With decades of driving innovation, the world’s largest companies trust DXC to deploy the enterprise technology stack to deliver new levels of performance, competitiveness and customer experiences. Learn more about the DXC story and our focus on people, customers and operational execution at www.dxc.technology .