Having significant industry experience of typically 3-7 years, this position requires the candidate to provide technical solutions in the implementation, management, administration and troubleshooting of Syniverse Network across the multiple global data centers. The incumbent should possess experience and skill in managing the installation, testing, monitoring and maintenance of the Wide Area Network (WAN), Local Area Network (LAN) components including routers, switches, VPN endpoints, load balancers and firewalls, as well as Signaling Transfer Points (for SS7 technology). Typically, engineers in this role are aligned to Network Support (focus on troubleshooting & problem remediation) or Network Implementation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver Network Troubleshooting & Inspection/implementation assistance
o Possess a deep understand Syniverse’ Network(SS7 / IP based on role)
o In a support role, understand & troubleshoot the customer problem in the context of network impairment. Provide 24x7 on-call support as necessary.
o Develop & execute an action plan for remediation, depending on the criticality of issue. Maintain ownership of issue till resolution.
o In a QA role, perform deep analysis of network resiliency features, both for customer connected components as well as Syniverse’ own infrastructure.
o Provide feedback to manager regarding issues pertinent to the problem. .
o Communicate status and information within and outside of the department as required.
o Implementation roles require engineers to perform infrastructure updates per customer or network engineering requirements.
o Share knowledge and best practices with other team members.
• Perform Network Changes aligned to stakeholder requirements
o Provide configuration/monitoring/support for network devices.
o Provide configuration changes, hardware and software updates for Cisco, Juniper, Citrix, F5 devices as may be required to implement the change.
o For QA roles, perform disaster recovery tests quarterly, half yearly or annually.
• Additional responsibilities for Step II:
• Perform Network Audits & implement changes per requirements
o Install, configure and deploy in production networking equipment
• Be Aware of & Comply with Syniverse processes
o Ensure access to all internal monitoring and auditing tools, for production network as well as internal tools
o Follow ITSM processes for making any changes to Syniverse network, after obtaining suitable approval from authorities.
o Monitor network configurations to identify areas of improvement and implement solutions.
o Maintain statistics on system performance and availability
10% • Collaborate across time zones
o Partition work to efficiently handover to other personnel around the world, using follow-the-sun approach.
o Proactively reach out to counterparts in other locations to offset bandwidth challenges and deliver seamless services as one team to customers and stakeholders.
• Strong skills in IP Networking / SS7 technologies
o CCNA/CCA/JNCIA certification highly recommended for IP networking roles
o 4+ years of experience troubleshooting and supporting production SS7 networks with network operators required.
o Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Data and voice network knowledge (WAN, T1, DS3, DS0, OC12, etc.)
• Working knowledge of SS7 Networking Protocols (MTP, SCCP, ISUP, TUP, TCAP)
• Working knowledge of signaling applications (ANSI 41, GSM, CNAM, LIDB, Toll Free, SMS, LNP)
• Working knowledge of ANSI and ITU signaling protocols
• Working knowledge of Tekelec STP, LSMS, and Sentinel systems
• Minimum 3 years of experience handling production networks (IP / SS7) in a troubleshooting / implementation role
• Proficiency in interior & exterior gateway routing protocols, as well as major SS7 protocols.
• Proficiency in Cisco IOS, Juniper JUNOS (for IP roles) and Tekelec, Performance Technologies STPs (for SS7 roles)
• Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
• Hands-on expertise in configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting routers, switches, load balancers and firewalls from major vendors in the industry.
• Adept at critical thinking/logical/troubleshooting techniques
• Strong customer centric skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of operational processes
• Significant telecommunications and wireless industry knowledge required.
• Cellular industry knowledge (highly preferred)
• Technical writing (preferred)
• Ability to communicate confidently with Network Operations Center and Customer Service Hotline for information gathering and customer status updates during trouble resolution
• Ability to work closely with customer’s technical resources and management to resolve issues
• No hazardous conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not designed to be utilized as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Position will require to provide end-to-end (365/24/7) support, deployment and overall service for network element from installation through launch and after. Support major hardware and software upgrades working with vendors as well as connecting peer nodes to ensure seamless operation as the network architecture evolves. Provide support to customers, internal teams on project design, testing and deployment activities might be required. Review and update appropriate design documents. Position will be closely connected to 5G, Private LTE, 4G and other wireless and IMS/IoT vertically integrated solutions for the business verticals such as the Telecom, Healthcare, Financials and Automobiles.