At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Graduate Information Security Analyst (11 month Placement - June 2021)
The mission of the Cyber Security organization in Hewlett Packard Enterprise is to protect the company with world-class, extensible security capabilities and advance HPE's business objectives by effectively managing risk. We do this by constantly monitoring, assessing and responding to cyber threats directed towards HPE and implementing mitigating controls.
• Detect Cyber Security incidents in real time through centralized monitoring
• Analyze security events from multiple sources across a large enterprise network, including SIEM, IPS/IDS, firewalls, etc. and identify the cause of incidents
• Respond to incidents by applying containment and eradication strategies
• Work with Cyber Security & Soft skills Mentors from across multiple teams and locations
• Develop processes and procedures to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency
• Drive innovation and improvement by identifying opportunities in new technologies, capabilities, processes and procedures
The Cyber Defense Center provide 24/7 coverage, 365 days a year. This is achieved through rotating shift patterns (Weekends, evenings & nights).
A shift allowance will be included.
Understanding of TCP/IP networks and protocols
Familiar with operating systems including Windows, Linux and macOS
Knowledge of phishing and malware techniques
Interest and Basic understanding of Cyber Security risks, threats, best practices and prevention measures
A good all-round knowledge of IT
Ability to work in team environments
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Qualifications/Education, Experience and Eligibility:
· Recent Graduates from Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Cyber Security, Computer Networking, Computer Science or related discipline
· Technical IT knowledge in one or more of these areas: IT Security, System Administration (Windows, Unix/Linux etc), Networking (TCP/IP, OSI Model), Programming (Python, C/C++) and Technical Support.
· Information security related experience in areas such as: security operations, vulnerability management, system patching, log analysis, forensics, secure programming
· A willingness to acquire in-depth knowledge of network and host-based security technologies
· Ability to work in team environments, strong written and verbal communication skill
About the HPE Galway Office
The Galway site has various business groups located in Ballybrit Business Park including a state-of-the-art Cyber Fusion Centre and a thriving Innovation Centre. The site is located 15 minutes from Galway city, a vibrant and cultural city on the western coast of Ireland.
Galway is the base for the HPE Security Centre of Excellence and the home of the Security Fusion Centre, of which GSECC is a function. Security staff currently based in Galway are spread among many distinct Security functions such as Risk & Compliance, Network Security, Big Data Intelligence, Defense Center Analysts, Advanced Threat & Intelligence, Training and Awareness, Project Managers and Endpoint Protection. Security in Galway is comprised of graduate level employees to Master level technologists, Managers and a Director.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer with various employee resource groups including International Women’s Network & Women in Security. These groups also have regular external guest speakers open to all employees. HPE also provides employees volunteering hours as an opportunity to give back to the community.
The Fitness Suite is located on Ground Floor and is available to members of the HPE Galway Sports & Social Club to participate. The Fitness Suite offers a group fitness schedule. Typical classes include yogalates, 15/15/15, pilates, and circuits boot camp.
Sports and Social Club
There is a vibrant Sports & Social club which manage a range of clubs such as Soccer, Cycling, Tag Rugby, Golf, Angling, Photography, Running, Walking, & Musical Society. This group also host seasonal events like BBQs, Winter Parties etc
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.