How will I help?
You will work with The Engineering and Onboarding team which is a part of the Security Operations Centre for Westpac. The team works across several capabilities with a focus on security tool engineering, detection enhancements, and process improvements. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide day to day support for existing tools, such as security case ticketing/workflow management, and other bespoke security tools. This includes responding to occasional out of hours calls to provide outage restoration for certain 24/7 critical services
- Engage with projects and the wider Information Security Group to assess onboarding requirements for real time monitoring, collaborating to define use cases and iteratively improve rule logic throughout the build phase
- Improve engineering and system administration processess and strategies that support the tools delivered by the team including CI/CD, monitoring, system and application level patching, and fault tolerance
What is in it for me?
You will play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. Our vision is to become one of the world’s great service companies. So, we will back you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You will also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can-do, supportive structure.
What do I need?
- Exposure to a corporate security operations environment, with a good understanding of information security best practice for incident detection, triage, and remediation
- Understanding of Linux command line environment and basic system administration skills
- Experience administering a SOAR platform or other incident response workflow tool (XSOAR is highly desirable), including development and implementation of automation workflows
- Experience with Splunk/ Splunk ES preferred, in particular configuring alerts and dashboards for security use cases with a focus on risk-based alerting
- Experience with DevOps tools (e.g., GitLab) and CI/CD
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation, for both technical and non-technical stakeholders
What is it like to work there?
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you will get some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We will even pay you to do volunteer or community work. As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility – and champions inclusion.
How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.