In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Within the Engineering cluster the applications department is responsible for the development of combat and information management systems for navy ships, integration with sensor- and weapon systems as well as the development of sensor processing applications. These complex systems contain advanced solutions for information processing, information management and the user interaction with both sensor- and weapon systems. Our product offers essential support for missions varying from anti-piracy to ballistic missile defense.
About the job
As an architect you work with multidisciplinary Agile teams. You’re part of the application engineering department and are responsible for the architecture of the infrastructure. You specialize in one of several topics such as networking, virtualization, container, security or software architecture. Your knowledge will contribute to our next steps towards a cloud technology based infrastructure.
Thales highly values the application of modern technologies and methodologies.
Do you have a passion for technology, do you enjoy constantly developing your skills and are you interested in working on Naval Command & Control systems? Then you are the person we are looking for.
You are a talented architect with a passion for designing, developing and testing complex infrastructure solutions with the following traits and skills:
- You are a strong communicator capable of discussing with all types of stakeholders.
- You hold a bachelor or master degree in computer science, electrical engineer, system engineering or comparable.
- You’ve got expert level knowledge of IT infrastructure technology (networking, operating systems, cyber security)
- You’re capable of financially structuring your designs, helping you convince the other architects and the rest of the organization.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Certifications such as CISSP, RHCA or CCIE are a big plus.
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015)
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
An assessment could possibly be part of the procedure.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!