Posting Date: Apr 7, 2021
Primary Location: Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Job: Production Management and Operational Support
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
This role is part of the specialized electronic trading infrastructure (SETI) team’s high performance network operations team. The candidate will be part of a team that will evaluate, design and implement solutions in support of the global Morgan Stanley low latency, high-speed trading plant. Working with the latest technologies across the entirety of financial products and leveraging industry knowledge and technical trends, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring customer requirements for low latency, high performance computing, security and efficient execution across complex routing are achieved
- Extensive knowledge of Routing protocols and platforms BGP, OSPF, RIP, MP-BGP, MPLS, L2-VPN s, Multicast (PIM SM/DM/SSM) ASR1K, ISRg2, CRS-1/4/8.
- Experience with a technology vendor or systems integrator designing, and implementing the following Data Networking Products and technologies:
- CCIE or CCIE level experience
- IP Routing BGP, MP-BGP, OSPF, RIP, MPLS, L2-VPNs
- IP Routing Platforms ISRg2, ASR1K, CRS-1/4/8., Juniper
- Switching Platforms Cisco Nexus, Cat3K, 4K, 6K, SUP6e/6le/7e/7le/8e SUP32, SUP720, Arista (all models)
- Extensive knowledge of Switching concepts, platforms Spanning-tree protocol (RSTP, PVSTP+, 802.1q trunking), CEF, ARP, DHCP snooping, TCAM, Dynamic ARP inspection, IGMPv2/3, 3k, 4k, 6k platforms, SUP720/32, SUP6E/6LE/7E/7LE/8E.
- Extensive Knowledge of TCP/IP concepts TCP Slow-start, Dup-Acks, Retransmits, SACK, Subnetting, Supernetting
- Testing Suite IXIA, Spirent, Shundra, RFC2544 and IMIX/EMIX and test setup
Nice to have:
- Desire to learn and adapt to new technology
- Ability to prioritize along with good time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to participate as part of a team
- High level of initiative, proactive approach
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Sense of ownership/accountability
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the teams needs
- Honest, hardworking and reliable
- Ability to use Microsoft applications, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in UNIX or Linux.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Montreal, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: [...] dated October 2019.
Build a career with impact. Visit morganstanley.com for more information.