NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
The Demand and Supply Management (DSM) serves as the Nike planning function combining insights and analytics to sense and craft how much product consumers will want, where and when they’ll want it. This offense combines work in the Merchandise Financial Planning (MFP), Assortment Planning, Supply & Inventory management and Integrated Business Planning sub functions to support a more seamless and flexible approach to serve consumers and drive inventory efficiency for NIKE and our partners.
DSM is revolutionizing how planning is done across Nike by ensuring Consumer Demand is Nike Demand. Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a senior leader who feels comfortable with influencing the senior leaders as well as navigating a complicated matrix. Nike matrix includes Geo, Global DSM and many other cross functional partners to execute the roadmap. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Experience in strategy development and deployment
• Strong interest and experience in retail, planning, supply/inventory management, and/or merchandising
• Experience working cross-functionally across the value chain in a global organization
• Successful track record in leading cross-functional strategic initiatives from concept to completion, leading virtual teams from across the organization
• Proven ability to partner with executive-level professionals as a trusted advisor
• Excellent executive-level communication skills, including the ability to craft and deliver high-impact presentations on complex topics to leaders at all levels
• Strong quantitative and qualitative background with experience quantifying value creation for complex, non-traditional solutions
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
This role will own the Strategy road map for the Demand & Supply Management function and be the chief-of-staff for the leadership team.
You will be part of DSM Leadership Team and be a critical thought-partner for the LT, whilst taking individual ownership of leading constantly evolving cross-functional strategic project work, as well as the annual strategic planning process.
You will ensure to interpret business strategy and determine innovative solutions supporting improvements to our demand planning processes. Identifying, leading and managing innovative approaches to business challenges will be key responsibilities of this role.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
As a key member of the GC DSM Leadership team, you will also partner with the GC strategy team and the global DSM strategy teams. Together with GC DSM Product Management Director you are managing the end-to-end GC DSM capability definition: ensuring cross-capabilities alignment and integration with other functions. You will be responsible for the strategic/financial cycle inputs for the DSM GC function.WHAT YOU BRING
• Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of professional experience. In lieu of a degree an additional 2 years is acceptable
• MBA or advanced degree is preferred
• Experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, corporate development, or related fields
• Ability to shape and drive strategic agendas, inclusive of strategic visioning, expert data synthesis, and high-profile communications (compelling, high impact storyteller)
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams, provide project management expertise, and to manage multiple projects at once
• Expert problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills
• Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Ability to work through macro and micro situations/complexity
• Create white space for innovation and risk taking
• Have a strong bias for action
• Strong discernment to quickly learn new business opportunities and understand how strategic plans can enable revenue and profit growth.
- Retail, merchandising, digital commerce, and/or experience in consumer facing industries and proven understanding of the competitive landscape / retail marketplace
- Extensive track-record of sophisticated multi-functional strategic project management across a range of Consumer topics (incl. pricing & promo strategy, franchise management, membership, etc.)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.