Fluent French is required
At the vortex of this digital transformation lies the “Cloud” due its ability to enable new business models, accelerate time to market while reducing capital and operational costs. According to Gartner, by 2024, more than 45% of IT spending on system infrastructure, infrastructure software, application software and business process outsourcing will shift from traditional solutions to cloud. This evolution makes cloud computing one of the most continually disruptive forces in IT markets since the early days of the digital age.
Oracle is the #1 worldwide provider of business software, with $40B revenues in FY19, and 430.000 customers in 175 countries use Oracle technologies to seize business opportunities and solve real, tangible challenges.
For more than four decades, Oracle has delivered innovation upon which entire industries have been built, spending $64B on R&D since FY04, accruing 18.000 patents worldwide, and acquiring more than 140 companies for $80B.
Today, by offering the broadest and deepest suite of Cloud solutions, Oracle is at a unique position to claim the throne of the Cloud realm. “SaaS and PaaS are large, rapidly growing businesses for us. Together SaaS and PaaS grew 85% this past quarter. But soon infrastructure as a service will be growing even faster and before long infrastructure as a service will become Oracle’s largest cloud business” said Oracle Executive Chairman and CTO Larry Ellison.
Oracle offers an unparalleled opportunity to get fully immersed into the Cloud theme across all stacks (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) and solve our client’s most complex technological challenges. Use cases are limitless and can span from achieving the next level of Customer Experience CX, to leveraging IoT to enhance predictive analytics on wind turbines to tapping into the potential of Big Data in order to speed clinical trials.
We are looking for an experienced business leader to join our Cloud Insight team as Director or Senior Director. Our team consists of top-notch professionals that help our customers define and address their most complex technological and business challenges. We work in a collaborative and consultative approach with our customers to solve problems, gain executive consensus, and align business and technology strategies. We maintain an independent perspective and create advocacy among clients and Oracle teams alike. We are working as one EMEA-wide team leveraging skills, knowledge and diversity to deliver great engagements for our customers and to support Oracle sales. We share knowledge and enable and empower each other and we are used to challenge ideas and we always push ourselves to learn new things and stay at the front of the technology trends.
We expect our Insight Directors to bring years of expertise in pragmatic business strategy. Team members have typically joined us from top-tier management consulting and/ or technology companies and share a passion for the business impact of technology. We value prior experience in a tech environment but we are open to leaders with diverse backgrounds that want to shift into tech industry. Our team members typically come with MBA / PHDs from top rated institutions.
- Lead multi-LOB engagement teams with senior experts from sales, pre-sales, consulting, and solution architecture to help shape and drive the largest technology opportunities in EMEA
- Participate in and/ or ensure quality in customer engagements with the most strategic customers and deliver increased customer satisfaction and better opportunities for Oracle
- Provide direct deal support by leveraging knowledge of IT specific challenges and solutions, management consulting skills and analytical abilities in identifying key strategic drivers for CIO’s, assessing process capabilities and developing business value propositions
- Integrate knowledge of best practices, latest technology trends (e.g. cloud, big data, digitalization), operational objectives and strategic IT objectives to define a clear strategy and roadmap with actionable value communication
- Contribute to team’s thought leadership by constantly synthesizing the customer experiences into content and methodologies that can be leveraged
- Demonstrate outstanding analytical and problem solving skills; exceptional ability to structure complex problems, develop hypotheses, and present well-supported solutions
- Strong capabilities to influence thinking and create acceptance by multiple customer constituencies
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Several years within a management consulting firm with a strategy and/or technology focus
- Additional industry experience with leading technology or cloud based companies in a lead functional/IT/strategy role or experience in a senior IT position preferred
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing virtual teams
- Action oriented with passion for fast movement but understanding the need for exceptional quality
- Strong academics are mandatory e.g. MBA (preference from a top business school), MSc, PhD
- Experience and credibility operating at CxO stakeholder levels
- Fluency in English is a must. Fluency in a second language is a plus
- Exceptional problem solving combined with strong interpersonal skills, proven by first-hand work experience
- Outstanding oral and written presentation communication skills
- Financial modelling, benchmarking and quantitative skills and experience developing and defending large-scale capital appropriation requests
- Passion for general digital / software / IT fields
Overlay sales personnel providing specialist product expertise to the sales force.
Partners with Account, Technology, and Application sales representatives to qualify and close new business on Oracle solutions. Provides specific industry or product expertise to facilitate the closing of deals within sales representatives territory. Interacts with sales team to architect the solution, and develop and execute solution strategies for market. Manages solution opportunities to obtain appropriate and necessary resources for all qualified opportunities. Leads teams in the sales process for establishing market visibility and deal visibility. Presents/demonstrates solution to high level clients and industry conference attendees. May provide training to field sales on industry/solutions. Builds and maintains a network and up to date specific industry or product knowledge.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years applicable experience preferred. Subject matter expertise in industry/product space. Knowledge of key industry leaders and management. Knowledge of Oracle competition. Presentation and product demonstration experience. Previous consultative selling experience preferred. Excellent communication, negotiating, and closing skills with prospects and customers. Travel may be needed. BA/BS degree in related field.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).