Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ555
Location: Calgary, AB
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Erica Duguay
This role provides you with the freedom of being an entrepreneur while being able to rely on the expertise of an insurance team, and growing your business by partnering with one of Alberta’s largest Financial Institutions. As an Independent Senior Insurance Advisor, your focus will be on developing strong relationships within ATB Financial. Your goal will be acquiring internally sourced insurance leads from your referral partners using the financial planning approach. This position will be responsible for the following key deliverables:
- In collaboration with our Estate and Succession Specialists as well as Tax and Business Succession Specialists, you will proactively support the growth and retention of client assets by providing wealth planning advice/guidance to broaden the dialogue with clients.
- Proactively identifying opportunities.
- Responding to client’s inquiries about advanced or specialized planning and insurance needs.
- Aligning the client’s planning conversations with ATB team members.
- With a focus on the more complex long term financial planning, the Senior Insurance Advisor will provide expertise by way of providing protection to all ATB clients for an unexpected loss, business succession planning, optimizing tax savings opportunities and maintaining the current lifestyle.
- Together with the Senior Manager of Insurance, develop and implement a business plan, which supports the financial objectives of ATB Insurance Advisors (ATBIA) and ensures your success
- Take advantage of the tools and support from PPI Solutions/Advisory team of lawyers, actuaries, underwriters and accountants. PPI is one of the largest MGA’s in Canada and the preferred MGA of ATB
- Use a needs analysis tool to gain an understanding of the client's entire picture and then provide sound insurance advice choosing products from any preferred carrier available to ATB Insurance Advisors Inc. (ATBIA) through PPI Solutions. Strengthening and solidifying customer relationships with ATB clients
- Build, grow and maintain your own book of business from existing ATB clients through the process of addressing and satisfying the needs, objectives, and service requirements of the clients
- Provide education and insight to all ATB associates in regards to Insurance through one on one meetings workshops and seminars.
- Promote and develop knowledge of insurance planning services through the ATB Financial network and local communities in order to build the insurance book of business and to encourage appropriate client referrals
- Tracks sales activities and provides timely reporting, documentation, and submission of sales activities
- Actively manages a portfolio of client relationships
- Ensures strict compliance requirements are met
Reports to: Senior Manager of ATB Insurance Advisors Inc.
- Ability to communicate well and share expertise in a simple yet educational manner;
- Works independently; requires minimal guidance; acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience;
- Minimum 7 years industry experience in the field of insurance
- Extremely strong relationship building skills are a must for success in this position
- Ability to create and deliver a solid presentation using Google Slides
- Communication and organizational skills as well as interpersonal competencies
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in the client’s best interest
- Organize your travel schedule for maximum productivity
- Team player
Designations / Training Required / Prerequisites:
Only candidates with the following accreditations will be considered for this role:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation required
- Additional designations such as Family Enterprise Advisor (FEA), Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), or Trust & Estate Practitioner (TEP) would be considered an asset
- Has in-depth knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines; solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions;
- Active Life and Accident and Sickness Licenses
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
We are also an equal opportunity employer. Find out more about what to expect when applying.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!
ATB is happy to know you’re interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up