Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
At PayPal, we put people at the center of everything we do. As the First Line of Defense (FLOD) Complaints Internal Controls Manager, your primary responsibilities will be to assist the First Line of Defense Complaints Process leadership team in ensuring all aspects of the Global Complaints Process adhere to internal policy, regulatory requirements and ensuring that we are consistently responding to external requests in a timely manner. To do so, you will drive the implementation of control processes to maintain a strong internal control environment. This person must conduct ongoing reviews of the company’s key control environment, aligning them to the complaints process and report findings to management with recommendations for improvement to ensure adherence. Additionally, the ideal candidate has the ability to understand and analyze the regulatory requirements, process enhancements and be able to partner with second line of defense teams in order to appropriately align our processes. The FLOD Internal Controls Manager will be the escalation point for the FLOD Complaints Program requirements and, in some instances, other employees inquiring about the processes within the global complaints process. Internal Controls Managers regularly interact with all departments within PayPal that include, but are not limited to Internal Control Business Partners, Legal Counsel, the Executive Team, and Various Departments (i.e. Adjacencies, Finance, Product, Risk Services, etc.) that are impacted by the complaints process. These interactions increase awareness around risks to our business as well as create a collaborative environment between the departments.
- Drive the design, implementation and execution of ongoing risk monitoring controls supporting the global complaints process.
- Lead and manage regulatory exam, internal audit and control testing reviews and remediation.
- Ensure applicable program documentation is up to date and accounted for (including proper approvals).
- Deliver risk alignment results and trend analysis to complaints process leadership.
- Participate in calibrations sessions with complaints root cause and interactions analysts to ensure understanding of program expectations and alignment on complaints program performance.
- Establish relationships and engage with key stakeholders across the PayPal enterprise, through attendance at meetings and other methods.
- Know and support company and departmental procedure as well as regulatory requirements tied to complaints process; regularly review and ensure that the global processes follow those guidelines.
- Develop direct reports to their fullest potential by helping them succeed, providing development feedback and career coaching.
- Champion change in department / functional area by supporting others through the phases of change, communicating positively and consistently through the change
- Ensure quality regulatory change management playbook is managed to ensure appropriate alignment to requirements across the PayPal footprint.
- Stay abreast of operational processes and the ever-changing regulatory environment.
- As an Analyst Manager you will become a significant resource to other departments in and around PayPal; it is important to support other FLOD Center of Excellence Team Members as well other departments that come to you seeking guidance and support
- As a Analyst Manager, you will also become a contact point for various departments throughout the PayPal org. It is important to take time to build relationships and look for opportunities to best support external groups while looking to improve processes for both internal and external customers.
- Operates with minimal supervision as an experienced internal controls manager with a robust understanding of industry and internal best practices; independently resolves a wide range of issues; acts as deputy when department leader is unavailable.
Prerequisite Knowledge and Proficiencies :
- Demonstrated attention to detail and knowledge of multiple functions within PayPal
- Strong communication skills in all formats (verbal, written). Ability to effectively communicate with teammates, peer team leaders and business unit management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in financial services laws, regulations and processes pertaining to complaints process/program management.
- Thought leadership in the translation layer from regulatory adherence to business process implementation.
- Self-motivated, self-starter.
- Advanced analytical, cross-referencing, and deductive reasoning skills. Ability to problem-solve, review and analyze data, locate its source, effectively assess risk, identify root cause of issues and identify operational efficiencies. Ability to determine best course of action/make sound recommendations for correction of testing/monitoring findings
- Thrives working in a fast paced environment while maintaining composure and able to make sound decisions under pressure
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements pertaining to UDAAP, Consumer Practices and more specifically complaints management.
- Project management abilities, including tracking, communicating and meeting deadlines.
- Must display a high level of professionalism, sound judgment, commitment, integrity, teamwork, and customer service.
- Proven organizational, presentation and leadership skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and other business units.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and its applications, including Windows and Windows based applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- 5+ years Related experience
- 5+ years Management experience
- Experience in the use of database applications, SQL, analytical tools such as SAS or R
- Experience using Lean Six Sigma/Six Sigma process
- Experience managing a global, multi-cultural team
- BS/BA Degree or educational equivalent
Our world-class culture is something we’re proud of. We’re committed to creating a thriving and inclusive workplace with great benefits including:
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
- Competitive salary
- Savings plans with company match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous time off policies
- Ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and support to help you realize your full career potential
- Community fundraising and volunteer opportunities
- PayPal’s sabbatical program provides four weeks of paid time off after every five years of service.
- Active social groups
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.