Role: Investment Specialist, RB / WM
Location: East Coast Area
Division: Retail Banking
Department: Wealth Management
The role is a client-facing role managing our highest value clients where professionalism, client focus and a broad understanding of fundamentals of financial planning are critical to the business. The role holder has a responsibility to develop and retain relationships with ADIB clients, working with the boarder branch and direct teams to ensure achievement of the business performance and plan.
This is to be achieved by active management of ADIB clients, and becoming the trusted advisor to them. It will also entail reviewing the portfolio regularly to ensure the solutions are still suitable to meet clients need and embed client loyalty by meeting their needs either directly or through other internal business partners.
In order to deliver the business objectives you will need to refer non-qualified business to appropriate parties following proposition protocol and attract business with new clients by understanding their financial needs and delivering high standards of service quality. The identification of opportunities for wealth reviews and delivering wealth solutions as an adviser are amongst the key activities to achieve your goals.
In delivering the business objectives, you must also maintain the levels of operational integrity required by ADIB, closely managing your individual and the collective performance of your wider team. Creating and maintaining an environment and relationships where you and the wider Branch team maximize performance in achieving the business objectives.
The identification of opportunities for wealth reviews and delivering wealth solutions as an adviser is amongst the key activities to achieve your goals in-line with your MBOs and as complied with local regulatory requirement.
You are accountable for the performance of your portfolio and need to ensure it is effectively run managing to the Target Operating Model (TOM) as defined by ADIB.
Key Accountabilities of the role Competencies
Investment Specialist requires the following key attributes:
• Excellent sales and people management skills.
• Client driven with a strong focus on quality of advice.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• A strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability.
• An excellent understanding of financial planning, wealth management and understanding client needs.
• The jobholder forms an integral part of the wider ADIB management team. As part of this wider team, the jobholder is expected to identify opportunities in their day-to-day activities that directly or indirectly contribute to the success of colleagues with different responsibilities, particularly in other area of ADIB.
The jobholder has prime responsibility for :
• Maximizing Revenue growth and achieving the WM plan in branches
• Leading activities to ensure opportunities are identified and client needs are met effectively, maximizing all available resources.
• The jobholder operates within the approved operating and strategic plan process to develop the ADIB business.
Leadership & Teamwork
• Proactively support others through direct and indirect actions beyond activities particular to this role.
• Collaborate with the wider team to deliver the department performance measures and plan to support the multi-channel client journey.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues in the businesses and others as appropriate to service client needs.
• ADIB Values and Behaviors.
• Feedback from Colleagues
• Ensuring that sales & operations are undertaken in accordance with ADIB Policy.
• Manage operational risk, by using relevant MI to identify risk situations and take any appropriate action to minimize loss .
• Adhere to selling process and sales quality requirements.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Comply with local regulatory requirements (add local requirements if necessary).
• Proactively assisting management in identifying and containing ML compliance risk through reporting of suspicious customers to MLCO/ACO.
• Strictly following and implementing the procedure of SCC, SANCTIONS, CAMP Alerts and KYC for individuals from sensitive countries.
• Ensure the effective management of information risk to protect the integrity and reputation of the Group. To be assessed across a range of criteria including but not limited to:
For Wealth and Banking
• Quality of Sales.
• ADIB Value and Behaviors.
• Audit Report where relevant.
• Full compliance with internal policies, procedures and compliance requirements.
• Audit and operational sampling of work.
• Discrepancy / error report.
• No breaches of KYC or SCC policies.
• Full adherence with ADIB's sanctions and money laundering policies.
• Immediate reporting of any operational risk loss ensuring operational risks and losses are considered when executing day to day responsibilities.
• The bank seeks to grow its wealth business by understanding and fulfilling clients' needs through an efficient operation and the pursuit of providing clients with globally consistent experiences, excellent service. In the face of fierce competition to our business.
• We should also recognize our responsibility to the community in which we operate and improve the bank's profile within those communities building economic value for the bank it's shareholders.
• The range of competitors and products has established an increased financial awareness in clients, creating demand for increased experience and skill at Wealth Manager level.
Operational Risk Management
• The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our clients is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
• The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring, and the impact of new technology.
• This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
• Also by addressing any area of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
The competencies required to undertake this role and the level at which performance would be assessed as being satisfactory are:
(1 - least desirable, 5 – max desirable)
Drive for Excellence
Integrity & Trust
Specialist Skills / Technical Knowledge, Technical Competencies Required for this role:
• Must maintain CISI level 1 to 3.
• 0 -2 years of experience in Wealth management business. ( This role is mainly for mass clients / Branches)
• Minimum 3 years banking experience.