As of now we are looking for a IT Business consultant in our IT RDM Biological Sample Production and Management, which is a global IT team that is responsible to develop, support and manage IT solutions for biological research and development for human and animal health globally. The team collaborates with research scientists, IT experts, and external vendors to improve and enhance business processes and efficiency of R&D activities.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As a member of the global IT team, you will provide expert IT consultancy and operational support to research scientists globally
- Take over a role as business consultant for existing IT solutions including assisting system leads to manage the designated systems and processes
- Lead global IT projects, and analyze, plan, design and build IT solutions to address needs in biological research and development
- Develop and maintain productive and constructive rapport with key business contacts
- Actively collaborate with IT service teams, research units, and external vendors for stable support and maintenance of our IT system landscape.
- Bachelor in Computer Science/Information technology, Biology, Chemistry, Engineer or related areas, and advanced degree in those areas is a plus
- More than 3 years of experience IT support for research and development systems, especially biopharmaceutical industry
- More than 2 years working experience with at least one programming languages such as Java, .NET, Python, and PLSQL, relational database such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MS SQL Server, and operation systems such as Linux and Windows
- More than 2 years of experience with IT project management, certificate in project management, CPI, or scrum is a plus
- Work effectively and independently or as a team member, act proactively with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility
- Fluent in German and English
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit [...] OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Gerlinde Leiss.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.