Java Developer, Machine Learning (Distributed Computing/Analytics)
Interset Software uses big data and advanced behavioral analytics to detect and prevent the theft of intellectual property...simply put, WE CATCH BAD GUYS WITH MATH!!!
Part of the Micro Focus group of companies, we are a fast-paced, all-hands-on-deck kind of environment where you are respected and listened to from day one.
We are currently looking to fill a development position focussed on extending the existing analytics platform and related capabilities to add unprecedented analytics flexibility for our customers. This will include enabling Data Scientists to manipulate and combine events and models to extend and customize the analytics in ways that provide unique value for each customer.
We’re looking for a software developer who’s passionate about what they do, takes a creative approach to problem solving and will be the champion for creating innovative machine learning hooks that deliver real value and perform in big data environments.
If you’re passionate about true machine learning and want to be part of a company building solutions that leverage the latest in big data technology, we want to talk to you!!
What you'll do:
- Implement model data flows to support running cutting-edge machine learning techniques on massive amounts of data
- Work with product managers and data scientists to turn new features and algorithms into beautiful, battle-tested code
- Work with the technologies we use to analyze and identify cyber-security threats for our customers (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Spark, Phoenix, HBase, Kafka, HDP, Cloudera, NiFi and Storm, using Java)
- Work side by side with some of the smartest minds in the fields of machine learning and behavioural analytics
- Create efficient and robust cloud-based solutions, leveraging the best in cloud technologies.
Who you are:
- You’re curious about how things work and you’re always looking for ways to make things better, faster and stronger
- You find a way to collaborate and solve problems before they become problems, and get the job done
- You care about the success of the team, not just your own
- Your sense of humor, passion and enthusiasm shines through in everything you do
- The need to learn and grow your skills is part of your DNA!
- You’re not afraid to have an opinion and you have solid reasoning to back it up
You have the following skills:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
- Strong interest in software design, distributed computing, and experience with a variety of languages and paradigms
- Experience developing in a JVM environment (Java, Scala, Clojure), or the desire to learn it quickly
- At least one year experience development with or productionizing a big data analytics technology, such as Hadoop, Spark, Storm or Kafka
- Experience developing with or the production deployments of big data distributions such as Hortonworks, Cloudera or MapR
- Big data ecosystem experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience with cloud platforms
- Familiarity with data science or machine learning packages (pandas, R, etc...)
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (VMWare ESX, Docker)
- Contributions to open source software (code, docs or mailing list posts)
- Interest in understanding and analyzing diverse types of data
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status