Sr. Java Software Engineer in New Delhi, Delhi | Careers at New Delhi R&D Center
- Working at Esri
- Student Programs
- Recruiting Events
- About ArcGIS
- ArcGIS Pro
- ArcGIS Enterprise
- ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Developers
- ArcGIS Platform
- Esri Store
- Esri Community (GeoNet)
- ArcGIS Blog
- Holistic Testing Program
- Early Adopter Community
- Understanding GIS
- What is GIS?
- Location Intelligence
- Maps We Love
- Esri Blog
- WhereNext Magazine
- Learn ArcGIS
- About Esri
- Contact Us
- Open Vision
- Code of Business Conduct
- Esri Merch Store
- Special Programs
- ArcGIS for Personal Use
- ArcGIS for Student Use
- Disaster Response
- Trust Center
Sr. Java Software Engineer in New Delhi, Delhi | Careers at New Delhi R&D Center Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in!
Sr. Java Software Engineer
Location IN-DL-New Delhi Job Category Software Development/Engineering Job ID 2021-13589
Build the next generation of ArcGIS Enterprise, a suite of products delivering state-of-the-art mapping and analytics capability to thousands of customers and millions of users worldwide. Our team builds cutting-edge, highly-scalable and reliable distributed software for on-premises and the cloud to make maps, geographic information, and analyses available on any device, anywhere, at any time. Our software engineers provide a strong technical voice in the product development process and use the best tools available to design, develop, and deliver a high-quality distributed systems platform. As a senior software engineer, you will lead and work with our cross-functional global team of software engineers, product engineers, designers, product managers, and release engineers. You will be actively involved in enhancing the capability of the ArcGIS Enterprise platform from feature inception to delivery, using bleeding edge technology, while also acting as a leader in Esri’s New Delhi R&D Center. If you are passionate about leading teams and building great distributed systems, micro-services architecture, and spatial data analytics, join us!
- Build server-side Java components and web services to power user experience and geospatial workflows
- Prototype, design, develop, and deliver complete software features and products that can scale, are fault tolerant, and handle concurrent workloads
- Design, architect, and lead a team to build complete software features/products to meet customer requirements
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems whenever and wherever they occur
- Work collaboratively with other teams around the globe to understand requirements and incorporate them into the software
- Mentor and groom junior engineers through design and code reviews, technology presentations, and insights
- 5+ years of experience developing middleware software components using core Java, Servlets (JavaEE), JSP, web services including REST and SOAP
- Good understanding of cloud computing platforms (AWS and Azure) and services such as Amazon S3, SQS, EC2 and Azure services such as Blob Service, Table Service, etc.
- Knowledge of relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, or DB2
- Experience working with large code bases and proficient in debugging and profiling tools (Eclipse/IntelliJ Debugger, JProfiler, etc.)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to effectively lead and work with global teams
- Bachelor's, master’s, or Ph.D. in math, computer science, physics, or related field
- Knowledge of Docker containers and orchestrators such as Kubernetes
- Familiarity with JSON and XML
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Java build systems, i.e. Maven and ANT
- Experience with HTTP monitoring tools (Fiddler) and JDK debugging tools (JProfiler, jmap)
Questions about our interview process? We have answers .
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Apply for this job online Apply Share Refer this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
- Share this job on your social network! | More