Senior Accounting Manager
No direct reports
PMA Executive, PMA Sales & Marketing, PMA Finance
PMA Head Office, Oakville, Ontario
Who We Are
PMA Canada is a private agent and distributor of fine wines and spirits in Canada. We represent a number of premium brands in the beverage alcohol industry. We have delivered strong, sales growth since the Company began business over 35 years ago. We pride ourselves on providing Service Excellence for our Suppliers, Customers & Consumers.
Expectation of Success
PMA’s Vision is to build brands through Service Excellence and Teamwork. The Accounting Assistant will provide service excellence by providing support to the accounting department to ensure the timely processing of data, as well as maintaining the accuracy and integrity of transactions within the accounting system.
This position will be responsible for maintaining various records, supporting accounting team ensure data integrity, financial record relevance and accuracy. The incumbent will be exposed to many areas of accounting within PMA and will be required to understand how the different roles work together so as to best meet the needs of the department.
• Maintain and update master records relating to Vendors, Customers, Items, etc in accounting software.
• Record various accounting transactions as required.
• Assist in reviewing monthly concur expense reports to ensure smooth month-end processes.
• Compile monthly LCBO agency claims to ensure timely submission and full recovery.
• Monthly reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
• Maintain financial records/filing of accounting documents to ensure availability for audit.
• Cross train on various functions within accounting to provide vacation support
• Answer routine inquires (internal and external) via phone, email or in person that are received by the accounting department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Team Work
Behavioural Competency Requirements
• Consumer Centricity
• Inspection of Expected Results
• Ownership of the Business
• No Blame Fixing
• Strategic Thinking
• A Bias for Action
Functional Competency Requirements
• Strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent follow-up skills.
• Ability to identify and manage various stakeholder priorities.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Effective time management skills.
Knowledge Competency Requirements
• Excellent communications and organization skills
• Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access, Outlook)
• Business Degree in progress from a recognized University with a focus in accounting.
• Previous experience working in an office environment.