DOF Subsea is a leading provider of subsea services in all the major oil and gas production regions around the world. With world class ROVs (Remote Operated Vehicles), Survey systems, and a fleet of offshore construction vessels, the group combines expertise and technology to deliver integrated subsea solutions to the offshore oil and gas industry.
DOF Subsea Canada is currently seeking detail oriented and client focused individuals for the position of Junior Officer for a DP3 Construction Support Vessel with a 250T crane to work Offshore Atlantic Canada. We are looking for a motivated and hardworking seafarer who has the passion for a career at sea. A key to success for this position is the ability to collaborate with offshore and onshore personnel. If you are looking for a dynamic environment to learn and grow your career, DOF Subsea Canada is a great opportunity!
Tasks can include, but are not limited to:
- Officer of the watch, directly responsible to the Master for Navigation and Bridge watchkeeping duties including DP operations;
- Maintenance and care of all navigational equipment including maritime charts and nautical publications;
- Upkeeps the overall condition of the bridge and its’ associated equipment including general bridge and deck routines;
- Maintenance and service of lifesaving and firefighting appliances;
- Provide safety orientation and full tour of the vessel to new crew members and contractors;
- In port, assist SSO with vessel security arrangements;
- Assist deck crew (as required) with deck operations;
- Reinforce and strengthen the QHSE HSEQ culture with personnel, operations and projects.
- Vessel Safety Officer (when appointed);
- In port vessel assist SSO with vessel security arrangements;
- Administration of vessel permits to work system;
- The ability to understand interface relationship between marine and project personnel;
- Able to communicate effectively and articulately at all levels;
- Experience of maritime activities;
- An awareness of international Codes, Standards and Specifications;
- Promote correct QHSE behaviour through personal example;
- Ensure that risk assessments are carried out. Evaluate processes and activities for the presence of hazards. Assess record and control the subsequent risk to a tolerable level;
- Facilitate effective two-way communication with the workforce on QHSE issues;
Education and Certificate Requirements:
- Post-Secondary Education in Nautical Science (or equivalent);
- Watchkeeping Mate Certificate of Competency (Chief Mate Unlimited considered an asset);
- Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties Certificate;
- STCW MED BS, PSC, AFF;
- Certificate of Proficiency General Operators Certificate (GMDSS);
- Passenger Safety Management Training;
- Marine Advanced First Aid and CPR;
- Valid Seafarers Medical;
- Valid Canadian Passport;
- Certificate of Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats would be considered an asset
Experience / Knowledge:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a deck Officer with a proven track record in the industry;
- Previous experience working on a Construction Vessel would be considered an asset;
- Possess a high commitment to customer service and safe working practices;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. A high-level knowledge of ISM, Transport Canada, and all applicable legislative requirements for operating vessels in Canada;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written;
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask
Successful candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. DOF Subsea maintains the right to request a criminal background check as a part of the recruitment process.
DOF Subsea is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to promoting a diverse workforce and an inclusive respectful workplace.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Priority will be given to Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and other Canadian permanent residents. Position is open only to Canadian Citizens and holders of a valid Canadian Certificate of Competency.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.