Alcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With our 70-plus-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world – with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care.
The Key Account Manager (KAM) will build relationships with key strategic customers which yield near-term growth above the market rate and open mid-long term opportunities by leading organization via insights, analytics and joint business planning process.
This position can be based in Belgium or The Netherlands
Key Responsibilities Will Include
• To develop insights, knowledge and programs which will drive each Key Account’s (KA) business growth and relationship within these accounts in the near term (1 year) and mid-to-long term (2-5 years) and expertly negotiate their acceptance/alignment with each KA
• Establish coherent and state-of-the art sales strategy and tactics for the KA customers in BNL, taking into account competitive intelligence regarding sales practices, as well as lessons from broader organization, especially marketing and trade Marketing.
• Ensure the development of pre-Iaunch sales plans for all new products within the Vision Care planning horizon for assigned KA in co-development with Marketing and Trade Marketing.
• Manage the Private label business with assigned KA ensuring balance vs. key brand priorities.
• Lead development and execution of annual budget. Set metrics for KA spending and track to ensure effectiveness of spend and delivery of operating income target.
• Maintain active collaboration with other internal departments for development and execution key account plans
• Participate in different meetings with field sales, (trade) marketing and logistics to help improving the communication flux between KAM group and the rest of the organization.
• Receives product complaints and forwards it to RA department according to the effective procedures. Participates in follow up activities, as applicable.
• Perform all administrative responsibilities, including completion of expense reports, e-mail/voicemail communications, call / activity reporting, Journey plans, etc.
• Determine root cause of issues KA may have with Alcon and recommend solutions with sustainable process or system improvement in order to fulfill customer commitments.
Key Account Manager, Visioncare - Benelux
What you will bring to the role
• Degree level in sales and marketing or business related field such as economics.
• Business level fluency in Dutch, French and English
• Professional background in MedTech and/or FMCG companies in either marketing, trade marketing or key account roles.
• Previous experience managing a budget.
• Knowledge of managing a number of key accounts at a time will be useful
• Experience of working in a consultative capacity/approach
• Managing annual planning cycle for marketing or customers is a plus.
•Previous experience as a KAM is helpful but we are also interested in those with a procurement background.
Why join Alcon?
We aspire to lead the world in innovating life-changing vision products because when people see brilliantly, they live brilliantly.
We are the world’s leading eye care products and devices company. You will join our 20,000 associates at Alcon, making a real difference to the lives of others. At Alcon, we create meaningful opportunities for associates to grow their careers. Learn more at www.alcon.com.
_Our Purpose is Reimagining Eye Care._
_Our Vision is to be the trusted leader in eye care._
_Our Mission is to discover new ways to enhance sight and improve people’s lives._
NON-NVS AL COMMERCIAL EMEA
N.V. ALCON BEL