Position will have primary responsibility to provide Level 3 technical and problem resolution support for messaging and collaboration infrastructure components worldwide (Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 and/or Microsoft SharePoint 2013/2016) .
Candidates have strong technical/analytical/communication skills, are quick learners, and capable of working in a global, virtual team.
Primary Job Functions
• Work as member of 24x5 follow-the-sun team to provide Level 3 support for the global messaging & collaboration environment.
• Rotate as on-call member during weekends (12 hours coverage for West time zone).
• Respond to problem tickets and service requests following Problem Management Best Practices, which includes communication/coordination with Level 2 organizations, end users and external vendors (Microsoft/Apple/Cisco/etc.).
• Analyze log files and server events to identify root cause of failure and appropriate resolution.
• Project coordination and/or execution for messaging related initiatives.
• Participate in global virtual team spanning multiple time zones.
Additional/Other Responsibilities may include:
• Support of externally-hosted collaboration services: WebEx eMeeting, and Runaware.
• Manage problem escalations to vendor
• Manage high-impact outages
• Develop additional infrastructure processes as needs are identified
• Develop documentation of processes (as needed)
• Microsoft/collaboration infrastructure components (Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 and/or Microsoft SharePoint 2013/2016).
• Server/Network support/operations.
• Network Security and Naming Services, DNS Best Practices
• RFC Compliance for SMTP (RFC 2821, 2822 and 1123),
• IP troubleshooting tools (DNS/Trace route, etc.).
• Customer support.
• Application support.
• Knowledge on Agile Methodology.
General Skills (required):
• Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and skills through self-initiative.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexibility and enthusiasm to work on a global team with teammates and customers from many different countries.
• Customer focus.
• Adaptability to change.
• Time management.
• Ability to lead small projects.
- Communicates Effectively
- Shows Initiative
- Applies Learning