Be involved in projects with our Construction Services Team and be a part of a growing team that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for Construction Field Laboratory Technician for our Albuquerque, New Mexico office, for various highway and bridge projects statewide. WSP Technicians will work on NMDOT highway and bridge projects to augment existing NMDOT project staff.
Projects consist of NMDOT roadway and bridge construction, reconstruction and rehabilitation work. Construction consists of Earthwork, Subgrade Prep, Pavement Sections (HMA or Concrete), Pavement Preservation, Curb & Gutter, Metal Barrier Installation, Concrete Wall Barrier, Bridge, Deck Overlays, Drainage Structures, Drop Inlets, Traffic Control, Permanent Signing and Striping, Sidewalk, Retaining Walls, Drilled Shafts, Erosion Control, Signalization, ITS and Misc Construction.
Description of Duties:
- Perform highway and bridge construction sampling and testing of materials. Materials include but are not limited to hot mix asphalt (HMA), warm mix asphalt (WMA), open graded friction course (OGFC) material, base course material, soils, aggregates, and concrete materials
- Perform construction laboratory tests such as sieve analysis on aggregate and soils, proctors and R-Value tests on embankment material, proctor and gradation tests on base course, binder ignition oven extractions, gyratory compactor for HMA/WMA
- Perform highway and bridge construction sampling and testing of materials in compliance with NMDOT plans, specifications, minimum testing guidelines and test procedures
- Work in a highway construction field laboratory in both urban and rural remote locations statewide
- Interpret plans, specifications and contract documents to verify contract compliance of materials test results
- Perform laboratory testing of materials for acceptance including process control tests used for acceptance as per NMDOT Standard Specifications
- Prepare daily work reports and materials testing reports on prescribed forms using SiteManager, spreadsheets, or other electronic or manual means.
- Keep supervisor fully informed of laboratory test results; submit test results in time specified; maintain field laboratory files
- Perform all materials testing in accordance with TTCP test methods as modified by the NMDOT
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 5 years’ highway and bridge construction field laboratory materials sampling and testing experience
- Familiar with computers and computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Familiar with AASHTOWare SiteManager Software for construction documentation
- Certification by ACNM/NMDOT New Mexico Technician Training and Certification Program in soils, aggregates, concrete, HMA/WMA or ability to become certified within 1 month of hire
- Valid NM Drivers License
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
As a federal contractor and recipient of federal funds, WSP USA is a drug free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.