Penda Health is an award-winning company that delivers high quality, trustworthy healthcare. Our vision is for everyone in Africa to have healthcare they can trust. Penda operates 16 Medical Centres in the Nairobi area and we are expanding to 19 branches by the end of 2020. Penda believes that quality care and great patient experience are the keys to achieving our vision for growth.
We are searching for qualified laboratory technicians who can ensure outstanding patient experiences while providing the highest quality laboratory results. This is a key clinical position that will provide a critical impact on our ability to provide comprehensive healthcare to our patients.
- Provide comprehensive laboratory services. You will see a wide variety of patients who present with various complaints and have different laboratory needs.
- Attend to patients with high quality standards in an extremely friendly manner and seek second opinions if necessary.
- Enforce infection prevention procedures, ensure the highest patient safety.
- Monitor lab stock levels and produce monthly lab stock orders.
- Actively participate in Quality Improvement Programs essential to ensure that laboratory testing is accurate, timely and meets patients’ needs.
- Maintain competence in Laboratory Information System accuracy and completeness (within our Electronic Medical Records) that is crucial to the quality operations of the laboratory and patient care.
- Our lab techs do much more than just work in the lab. Lab techs are expected to help with managing the petty cash at the clinic which will ensure all money is accounted for.
- Be a great teammate and go above beyond by actually making sure your teammates love their work. Work well with other colleagues and go above and beyond what is expected from you.
- Help us grow our clinical services. As a start-up company with a big vision, every team member plays an integral role in transforming the healthcare system in Kenya. We are looking for everyone to contribute their creativity and energy toward realizing the vision of friendly, high-quality, affordable health care.
- Diploma, Higher Diploma or BSC in Medical Laboratory Science and current registration with KMLTTB
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a busy Laboratory setup
- Fully proficient in a wide range of lab services, including haematology
- Outstanding patient interaction skills and ability to well with teammates
- Base salary + benefits such as full medical cover for yourself and family
- Additional package for a superintendent
- Lots of growth opportunities over time - you can even become a branch manager!
Location and Hours:
- We are a growing company with frequent openings at all our branches, preference will be given to candidates who are flexible about work location and hours.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis, candidates who apply earlier will be given priority.