At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
The Legal and Corporate Affairs team advises on legal, regulatory and government relations across the company. The Consumer Legal Team works cross-functionally on all consumer products and services, in both an advisory role and in litigation & dispute resolution. We are currently looking to fill a full-time position of Law Clerk, Consumer in our Montréal office.
Working in a fast-paced, collegial atmosphere, the Law Clerk will be an integral part of the Legal Consumer team and will also work closely with members of the customer care, real estate, sales, marketing, and other cross-functional departments.
The successful candidate will report to Managing Counsel and provide legal support to Vice-President, Consumer and Director, Litigation & Records Management on litigation and contract matters.
In particular, the successful candidate will:
· Provide support for civil litigation matters, ranging from class actions to individual smalls claims matters;
· Assist in drafting legal proceedings, demand letters, responses thereto;
· Manage consumer disclosure requests;
· Assist in drafting and reviewing commercial agreements, including non-disclosure agreements and sponsorship agreements;
· Perform court record searches;
· Conduct legal research, prepare research notes on specific topics;
· Work together with the rest of the Consumer legal team to develop and present training materials, resources and presentations on relevant topics.
The successful candidate will have:
· Successfully completed accredited law clerk/paralegal training program or other post-secondary education, preferably in law, or equivalent experience;
· Minimum of 4-5 years’ work experience at a law firm or in-house legal department in Québec;
· Strong work ethic with the ability to multitask and prioritize requests in a fast-paced environment, ensuring timely follow-ups in an autonomous manner;
· Strong team player who is customer/client-focused;
· Well-organized with a keen attention to detail and accuracy;
· Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and French.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.