Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in mail and parcel logistics and automation as well as in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. Major customers include renowned airports as well as postal and parcel service providers around the globe.
What are my Responsibilities?
• Development of the detail engineering for baggage handling or parcel sortation systems;
• Critical analysis of layouts and system parts identifying faults and special needs;
• Coordination of the mechanical scope in projects;
• Advise and review projects in the sales phase by evaluating the compliance matrix;
• Identify and validate technical specifications;
• Design of structures and metal parts according to SIEMENS requirements and good engineering practices;
• Coordinate steelwork design (maintenance platforms, crossovers, stairs, etc.);
• Deliver mechanical design documentation for customer approval;
• Coordinate building interfaces (space requirements, architectural collisions, accessibility, safety, etc.);
• Create and manage installation documentation;
• Handle site problem reports, open points, etc.;
• Support installation and commissioning teams on site when need it;
• Processes as-built documentation;
• Technical coordination with customer and supplier, including group representation at meetings;
• Focus on quality and client satisfaction.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Bachelors or master's degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering;
• Strong skills in CAD programs (AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit) and office computer software;
• Strong language skills in English, both verbal and written;
• Willing to travel local or internationally;
• Ability to work within an international environment;
• Experience in metallic structures;
• Experience in technical requirements analysis;
• Knowledge of mechanical equipment safety standards (i.e. Machine Directive);
• Experience in structural calculation is a plus;
• Teamwork spirit, leadership skills, organizational capacity and eager to improve mentality.