Job Title – Lead - Software Engineer
The Purpose of This Role
As a Lead - Software Engineer with expertise and experience in designing and developing applications including new developments, enhancements, maintenance and support.
The Value You Deliver
The role involves continuous collaboration with partners, iterative understanding of requirements, following Fidelity best practices / methodologies, thorough understanding of the technology roadmap, advancement to design / development process.
The Skills that are Key to this role
- Design and development of applications for the eservices team. You will work directly with Product Architects, Product Owner, Scrum Master and development resources across our team, as well as other technical and business stakeholders across the organization in a SCRUM Distributed Agile environment.
- Design and hands-on development of enterprise-scale applications that support customer self-service and system to system integration utilizing established and emerging technologies and vendor products.
- Should be able to do perform multiple roles i.e. should be able to perform analysis, QA testing and should be willing to learn new technologies.
Technical / Behavioral
- A passion for technology and the financial domain with demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Delivery focus with the ability to take full ownership
- Experience working with distributed teams in different time-zones
- Strong commitment to quality, documentation and engineering excellence
- Strong communication skills, problem solving skills and adaptability
- Experience in reverse engineering and understanding existing applications
- Provide technical leadership to a team of software engineers to build state of the art software.
- Lead design and development of a suite of applications that provide chat, email and video capabilities to Fidelity customers and phone reps. You will work directly with Product Architects and senior development resources across our team, as well as other technical and business stakeholders across the organization in a SCRUM Agile environment.
- Mentor software engineers on the team and ensure high code quality by performing code reviews, providing guidance, developing standards and managing work allocation within SCRUM Agile project teams.
- Drive the adaptation of Continuous Integration and Continuous Development DevOps principles by the team.
- Design and hands-on development of enterprise-scale applications that provide best in class customer experience and require system to system integration utilizing established and emerging technologies and vendor products.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages of current development tools and methods against alternate solutions, technologies and methodologies while working independently or with technical partners
- Support product release activities (QA, deployment); participate in product installation & post install support.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of professional software development experience in a diverse set of distributed application development and middleware technologies such Web Services, Java, J2EE, Spring, RESTful microservices
- Demonstrated experience with leading a team of software engineers in delivering project components using Agile methodology
- Strong and proven hands-on experience in developing applications utilizing MVC Architecture - Spring MVC/Spring Core/Web Services (SOAP/REST) and configuring web containers (preferably Tomcat) with a focus on Test Driven Development.
- Code Quality/Coverage Tools (Sonar, JaCoCo or equivalent) preferred
- Experience with Logging and monitoring tools like Splunk, Datadog.
- Familiarity or the hands-on experience with Front End technologies ( NodeJS and Angular.js ) is a plus.
- Ability to organize and lead working sessions that result in clear requirements and technical design, even when working with non-technical members of SCRUM teams.
- Proven experience with Continuous Integration concepts and DevOps best-practices
- Experience in defining technical standards for development organizations.
- Experience within a delivery role and working in a matrixed delivery team
- Experience with open source frameworks
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The primary objective of the Personal Investments (PI) team in India is to enable the PI businesses, working with our IT business partners in the US. Over the past 6 years we have developed technical expertise on various functions of personal investments and strategic investment products and data. We strive to achieve technical excellence in each of these functions and help the PI business accomplish its long term objectives.
The PI Contact and Investor Center Technology group is a part of the broader Fidelity Personal Investing Technology organization. We provide technical eServices solutions for Fidelity’s external and internal customers. Our team is responsible for new and enhanced design and development of chat, email and video applications across Fidelity.com and NetBenefits.com and their mobile apps.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or any other discipline
- 7-8 years of experience in web technology role
Location: Chennai - TRIL
Shift timings : 11:00am - 8:00pm
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity India has been the Global Inhouse Center of Fidelity Investments since 2003 with offices in Bangalore and Chennai. For information about working at Fidelity, visit India.Fidelity.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.