Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
In the Network Planning Software group we are evolving towards a product based on Cloud & Web solutions using the microservices architecture and we need to build many of the infrastructure services to be built on Python, which would hosted on a hybrid-cloud environment. Apart from infrastructure there are few algorithms which are being developed in python based microservices.
• Provide leadership as a key routing system architect for BGP, OSPF, IS-IS and MPLS capabilities working with a team to deliver virtualized components, new L3 capabilities, and advanced services models such as EVPN
• Lead and participate in software architecture, design, development, validation, and documentation to deliver high quality, functionally excellent products
• Drive integration with enabling technologies including third party software, virtual and distributed SDN and NFV environments, and hardware capabilities
• Act as a technical leader, role model and mentor to company’s technical community
• Relevant software development experience including significant product deliveries and leadership role in delivering advanced networking software systems
• Significant product design and delivery experience with Routers and/or MPLS switches designed for Service Provider deployments
• Experience with product cycles and deployment requirements for carrier class products in Service Provider customer environments
Collaboration with stakeholders
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.