We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Enterprise ArchitectJob Description Summary
.Job Overview: Leads major projects and creates the development and delivery of quality software solutions in a timely and cost effective manner. Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs. Responsible for assuring the daily activities of the team meet the requirements of SLA’s.
• Successfully lead definition, development and delivery of major cross-department initiatives with broad scope and long-term business implications.
• Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, quantify costs, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints. Partner with business to identify innovative solutions and drive strategic decisions.
• Develop business case in alignment with the MasterCard objectives. Lead scenario planning process and creation, validation and review of estimates, costs and benefits.
• Actively look for opportunities for Innovation and creative problem solving. Make presentations to the Senior Management, Business Owners and other Stakeholders and help them in decision making process.
• Perform Proofs of Concepts (PoCs) to assess and identify the technologies per the needs of the organization.
• Provide recommendation to Senior Management on selection of technologies and strategic technical direction for the department.
• Lead creation of roadmaps that align with the department strategy and long term business vision and objectives. Coach and mentor team members, enable knowledge sharing via brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks.
• Lead implementation of processes and supporting tools per the evolving needs of the organization.
• Identifying process gaps, provide estimates for business solutions, define the initial scope/requirements of the project and manage the scope during the lifecycle of the project.
• Plan overall project scope as well as define scope for each phase and iteration to meet business needs/time-to-market needs.
• Define and Lead Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Ensure compliance to quality methodology and development of quality metrics by the team.
• Create guidelines, processes and standards to ensure high overall quality of product and incident free deployment.
• Instruct and guide the team to ensure that appropriate processes and documentation is in use by the team.
• Ensure compliance to the defined standards. Actively look for opportunities to modify and enhance standards per the needs of the department.
• Develop documentation templates, lead and enforce development of artifacts through out the solution development lifecycle.
•Ensure compliance of Audit Requirements by proactively educating team on Compliance Requirements and Integrating Compliance Requirements in SDLC.
• Represent team during Compliance Audits.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Experience in related field, including experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
• Extensive understanding of and experience with Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies.
• Experience with software engineering methodologies is highly desirable.
• Proven track record in selection and implementation of methodologies with focus on Lean methodology, delivery of High Efficiency Solutions leading to productivity gains is required.
• Demonstrate MC Core Competencies.
• Experience in vendor relationship management, vendor selection, RFI/RFP process, SOW is highly desired.
• Proven ability to embody MC Leadership Principles.
• Proven capacity to lead and influence matrix based project team members and work as a member of a diverse and geographically distributed team.
• Experience in operations environment is highly desirable.
• Must be politically savvy, high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Possess the ability to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Demonstrate ability to organize, manage, plan and control several concurrent initiatives with conflicting needs.
• Must display strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and leadership and relationship skills with ability to influence others without having direct authority.
• Proven ability to sell solutions, persuade cross-functional group, garner support for solutions and bring group to a consensus and strong ability in collection and formulation of data, development of Metrics and dashboard reporting.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices; • Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed; • Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and • Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.