We’re looking for a Lead Instructor for our Data Analytics Bootcamp Part Time with a passion for data and for sharing their knowledge with apprentice data analysts. You need to be a strong communicator and very patient - you will find yourself explaining many abstract and complex concepts in math and technology to the first-time data squads. This is a freelance contract opportunity.
The Lead Instructor will be responsible for:
· Overseeing the whole academic experience of an Ironhack bootcamp
· Supervising Teaching Assistants
· Screening our prospective students through technical interviews and coding challenges
· Working with the Ironhack education team to improve the data analytics curriculum and teaching practices.
Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to disrupt the way we learn about technology. We think it sucks that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution, so we empower students to find meaningful careers in software development or product design by offering immersive learning experiences to extremely motivated people.
Our higher purpose is to transform the education space by making it more customer-centric and outcomes-driven. Students finish our program with a new way of thinking and approaching problems, resulting in new jobs, companies they’ve built, or promotions at their current roles.
Some quick facts:
· Founded by Wharton and Harvard grads in the fall of 2013
· Campuses in Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Mexico City, Berlin, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo… and more opening soon
· 100% YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!)
· Already graduated over 2,000 students
· 70+ global team members + VC-backed
Availability to teach in-person PART TIME at our Lisbon Campus.
· Solid understanding of and strong technical skills in Python, SQL, and R.
· Proficiency in building end-to-end data pipeline:
o Writing Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) jobs to calculate business metrics.
o Understanding of APIs and Datawarehousing concepts.
· Familiarity with contemporary industry software and tools (e.g. Linux, git, AWS, Google Analytics, Jupyter).
· A big plus if you have experience with one or more of the following:
o Experience in Big Data architecture (e.g. Hadoop, Hive).
o Experience in Analytics and business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, MicroStrategy).
o Experience in Dataviz (e.g. D3).
o Experience in AI and machine learning.
· Passion for teaching: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experiences, we’re looking for people who will enjoy teaching, mentoring, and giving feedback for students.
· Experience managing and keeping a team motivated. Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
· Great communication skills and an ability to capture people’s attention :)