Company : Worley
Primary Location : QAT-DW-Doha
Job : Electrical
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 22, 2021
Unposting Date : Ongoing
48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
For more information, visit Worley.com.
Primary Objective :
To provide Instrumentation & Control discipline specific engineering services to Worley and its clients, and technical support and supervision within the discipline and to other disciplines by leading a discipline team.
Specific Accountabilities :
- Supports proposals by developing the discipline execution strategy, estimating costs, writing proposal content, and presenting to customers.
- Ensures recognised offshore engineering practices applicable to Instrumentation & Control design engineering are adopted within the discipline
- Initiate, manage and supervise engineering assignments on projects that meet project requirements on time and within budget.
- Organise and manage all aspects of the workload of a team of Instrumentation & Control discipline engineers and designers, within the parameters of a project schedule.
- Understands and applies the Project Execution Plan (PEP) requirements - make-up and application (including the Engineering Plan).
- Lead the production of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports.
Job - Specific Knowledge:
- A thorough knowledge of codes, standards and practice applicable to the design and installation of instruments (eg API, ISA, ANSI, AGA, ISO and IEC codes etc.)
- A thorough knowledge on the selection of equipment and materials for new projects and replacement in existing installation.
- Extensive experience in the design of microprocessor-based equipment such as SCADA/DCS, ESD, IPS Fire & Gas Detection, Fire Protection Systems, metering, WHCP, etc.
Industry Specific Experience :
- Extensive work experience at a senior level within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Minimum 15 years design experience within the oil and gas industry, with last 5 years’ at least, leading a team of Instrumentation & Control discipline engineers and designers
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the Instrumentation & Control discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation/Electronics Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.