We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development EngineerOverview
The Mastercard Decision Management Platform team in Dublin have an exciting opportunity to hire a Lead Software Engineer. Our team is responsible for designing and developing new platform capabilities and frameworks.
• Are you passionate about low latency (the speed it takes to authorize a
payment card), high volume (think Google searches and then some), and
highly available (5 9s) software solutions?
• Would you like to build industry leading solutions for fighting payments fraud?
• Would you like to be a part of an organization that is driving a world beyond
This role involves working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance, high volume solutions. You will be responsible for:
• Designing and implementation of Java-based capabilities for the Platform.
• Work as part of a co-located Agile SCRUM team (we are currently working
from home during the pandemic)
• Collaborate with Architects, fellow Leads, Developers, Business Analysts &
Product Owners in Dublin & other Mastercard locations.
• Develop high-quality, secure, scalable and maintainable software solutions.
• Apply best practices for automated testing, automated code quality,
automated delivery & automated monitoring.
• Mentor the senior & junior engineers on your team through sound technical
advice, UML documentation & code reviews
• Assist with troubleshooting production incidents & channel learnings back
into the development stream to mitigate future customer impact.
• Proficiency in OOP/OOAD with Java JDK 8 or higher
• Knowledge of Tomcat, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Hibernate, REST
• Experience with SQL, Multi-threading, Message Queuing & Distributed Systems
• Experience with Design Patterns and Enterprise Integration Patterns
• Expertise in Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks.
• Knowledge of Splunk or other alerting and monitoring solutions.
• Fluent in the use of Git, Jenkins.
• Ability to define & implement best practices regarding Continuous Delivery /
• Experience with building upon and contributing to innersource projects (e.g.
CI/CD, Shared libraries, reusable Ops & Monitoring).
• Site Reliability experience for distributed systems is an advantage
• Knowledge of Angular, or other Typescript-based front-end technologies would
be a plus
• Must be self-motivated and a team-player operating in a high performance
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) in English
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical or
an equivalent Engineering stream
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.