We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development EngineerWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The InControl for Commercial Payments (ICCP) platform is a fundamental part of Mastercard's Commercial Solutions, enabling some of our largest customers to issue Virtual Cards to securely manage and report on Travel, Expense & Supplier transactions. Focused on secure, highly available and innovative solutions, this dynamic team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base.
We are seeking a Technical Software Development Lead to work with our cross-functional development teams within the Virtual Cards, Spend Controls & Alerts program organization.
• Builds (design, develop, and deliver) complex applications, framework, tools, and researches alternative technical solutions as per changing business needs and delivers quality product in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Successfully lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications. Create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Lead day to day software development and maintenance activities of the team.
• Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise.
• Develop overall strategic technical plan and create architecture solutions and proposals.
• Mentor, coach and assist project team members. Provide technical training to the team. Assist with selection of technical resources for projects.
• Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs current and future.
• Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope opportunities, identify risks, benefits and constraints.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
All About You
• Proven experience as a technical lead, building world class solutions on a global scale.
• Experience in a related field, experience in delivering secure, maintainable, scalable and complex application solutions.
• Full Stack developer with strong Java development/architecture experience.
• Experience documenting detailed designs with class and sequence diagrams.
• Experience with responsive design, working with RESTful APIs and JSON.
• Ability to debug server-side API calls, and contribute to the design of best-practice RESTful APIs.
• Advanced knowledge of Linux/Unix and security standards.
• Knowledge/experience using cloud native development such as PCF, AWS, etc.
• Experience with Java performance testing and benchmarking.
• Experience in Database Design, Oracle Databases, strong knowledge of PL/SQL.
• Working Knowledge of tools like Sonar, Dynatrace, GIT, ALM, CI (Jenkins)/CD, Splunk.
• Understanding of Web/Application servers like Websphere 8, Apache Tomcat.
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources.
• Experience using the Agile Methodology.
• Ability to deal with pressure situation without compromising the processes.
• Result oriented, self-driven and go-getter abilities.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Posted 3 Days Ago
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.