Valorem is seeking a Lead Software Engineer with a passion for using technology to engineer solutions that creatively solve problems to deliver business value, with a focus on teamwork and project success. The role requires a broad and deep capability to map a client's problem domain to a fully developed end state solution. Our clients’ needs require technically strong consultants who are resourceful, communicate well, and have good problem solving skills. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of modern application development techniques and frameworks and good experience using the Microsoft technology stack for development. As part of a team that provides project based consulting, you will have the opportunity to work in multiple industry verticals, working on multiple teams and projects.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be part of a team of talented developers, business analysts, QA analysts and Project Managers building solutions for Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 Clients. You will participate in the development life cycle including development, testing, and implementation. You will work hand-in-hand with the Architect, Project Managers and Business Analysts to understand the business requirements and build a software solution. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will collaborate closely with the Architect to develop detailed designs that implement the Architect’s overall vision. You will communicate and implement those designs to the Software Engineers, monitoring and leading daily progress. Coordination with other Lead Software Engineers to ensure sufficient, coherent communication and collaboration across work streams on large projects. The position requires strong software development skills and background. In addition to lead functions, you will develop systems hands on, taking on the most technically complex and difficult development activities, and enabling the team to work collaboratively to complete.
General Description & Responsibilities
- Mentor and guide the team members in enhancing their technical capabilities and increasing productivity
- Understand project scopes, architectural diagrams and requirements to further breakdown more granular requirements and implementing them as part of a project team
- Continuously improving while adhering to process compliance of the company, team and project
- Solve technically complex problems and prioritize tasks based on technical knowledge
- Act as the point of escalation for Software Engineers and other technical delivery roles within project teams
- Facilitate and coordinate appropriate and effective communication channels within their project team, and across teams through the other Technical Team Leads
- Promote the organization's present technology within a team
Placement Criteria & Requirements
- Strong experience (7+ years) with Microsoft & open source Technologies
- Proficient developing web-based interfaces, including:
- Asp.net MVC, Angular/React.js
- Modern, multi-device and form factor Single Page Applications
- Good experience working with Microsoft Azure, including:
- Compute & Containers - App Service (Web Apps and API Apps) and Containers
- Database & Storage - Azure SQL, Storage Accounts and Table Storage
- Integration - Service Bus, Event Grid, API Management and Logic Apps
- Security - AAD & Key Vault
- Azure Management, including deployments, configuration and the SDK
- Comprehensive understanding and experience implementing software design patterns, including:
- Basic OO concepts such as encapsulation and abstraction
- SOLID principals such as single responsibility, dependency injection and interface driven design.
- Proficient with database development in SQL Server, Entity Framework and LINQ.
- Proficient with Web APIs. Experience with Microservices preferred.
- Experience working with .Net Core preferred
- Experience working with open source technologies like Rabbit MQ, Graph QL, Elastic Search & Mongo DB is a plus.
- Strong knowledge and experience with software modelling and diagraming
- Strong working experience with Azure DevOps/Git including source control, build and task management
- Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions
- Ability and willingness to take the initiative to facilitate teamwork across roles, functional groups and remote offices
- Responsive attitude and client first mentality
- Strong experience with code reviews, source control and release management
- Eagerness and aptitude to learn new technologies, creative, open-minded and a great team player
- Ability to instrument, profile, debug, and optimize server and client code to resolve complex issues with distributed systems
- Adept at task switching to handle varying workload, while meeting tight deadlines