RSi is a leading provider of retail data science based analytics and a big data management platform which helps top retailers and CPG companies manage their supply chain and marketing initiatives to drive sales results. Using machine learning, streaming analytics and predictive models, we are the go-to cloud based; peta-scale SaaS data management platform in the retail space. Join our team as a Lead Software Engineer.
- The role is to create large scale, data centric applications for advanced analysis based on the Spring framework and Micro services Architecture.
- A typical application would process terabytes of data on a daily basis to determine Key Performance Indicator for the customers and deliver mission-critical insights.
- Given the massive data volumes and time-sensitive goals of the analysis, applications need to use the latest techniques in data streaming, memory management, parallel execution, distributed messaging and code optimization.
- Applications must be robust, fault-tolerant, and highly accurate as they deliver key business insights to senior management for RSi customers.
- RSi is growing rapidly, and there are ample opportunities for career development along both technical and management tracks.
- The work atmosphere is team-oriented and knowledge-intensive: motivated professionals are highly appreciated.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to communicate well with onshore team and support team
- Independently design, code, unit test and deliver testable user stories
- Demonstrate solutions through documentation, diagrams, code comments with optimized code.
- Lead a team of 3-4 members and accountable for team's productivity, on-time deliverable and quality
- Maintain security standards compliance
- Engage with key stakeholders, internal and external to develop interfacing specifications and plan integration checkpoints
- Ability to analyze the issue in detail and provide multiple solutions approach to a problem statement
- Develop high quality applications that meets the performance and scalability standards in a cloud platform
Qualifications and Skills :
- Masters in CS/Software Engineering preferred
- 6+ Years demonstrable Java development experience (Core Java, J2EE, etc.)
- Proven experience in Spring Framework
- Preferred experience in Spring Boot and core Spring projects (able to demonstrate)
- MS SQL Server required
- Message Queues such as Rabbit and Kafka required
- Caching technologies such as Redis a plus
- Azure-based technologies such as ADF, ACS a plus
- Familiarity with integrating with Spark a plus
- Hands-on experience in building REST HATEOAS APIs.
- Hands-on experience with MVC, MVP and other pub-sub or Observable pattern architectures
- Direct experience working with Containers and Kubernetes
- Experience in working in a DevOps culture
- Agile Scrum experience required
- Azure Cloud experience preferred, but proven cloud experience required.
- Large-scale big data experience preferred
- Demonstrable experience in building software around Design Patterns
- Hands-on experience in Services Oriented Architecture
- Can demonstrate experience in building systems that follow the Single-Responsibility Principle.
ABOUT RETAIL SOLUTIONS, INC.:
Retail Solutions, Inc. ("RSi") develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of award-winning software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that turn Retailer “downstream data”, such as point-of-sale (POS), supply chain, merchandiser feedback and category data, into actionable visibility into the store and onto the shelf for their suppliers.
RSi, the largest and fastest-growing company in the Retail Execution Management field, has more experience with processing customer-specific retailer data than any other company. Retailers and consumer product goods (CPG) companies trust Retail Solutions to grow sales, reduce out-of-stocks, improve promotion execution and effectiveness, maximize retail operation productivity and foster collaborative relationships in the retail industry to improve product availability for the end-consumer.
RSi serves more than 500 CPG Companies, including 23 of the top 25 global consumer goods companies, and processes data from more than 175 leading retailers in the Americas and Europe.
Retail Solutions, Inc. is headquartered in San Jose, CA and has offices in Providence, RI, Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Brentford, UK, Paris, France, Munich, Germany, Pune, India, and Shanghai, China. RSi is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR