Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a- Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 2,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France, and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV, and Cisco.
Freshworks’ suite of products that transform the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers include Freshdesk (Omni-channel customer support), Freshservice (IT Service Desk), Freshsales (Intuitive fully-integrated CRM), Freshmarketer (Marketing Automation Suite), Freshteam (HR Management System for growing teams), Freshchat (Modern messaging software) and Freshcaller (Cloud PBX system).
Freshworks has received numerous accolades from analysts and media including making it to Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Economic Times Startup of the Year, 2019 LinkedIn Top 25 Companies to Work for in India and a listing on the Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement & IT Service Management. While Freshworks has had incredible organic growth over the last few years, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation. Freshworks has raised over $400 million in the capital and is funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. More information is available at www.Freshworks.com .
About the Role :
Freshworks is seeking a highly-motivated and enterprising counsel to join the Freshworks Legal Team. You will advise the HR team on various aspects of employment and work closely with them. You will be mentored by senior counsels, and work closely with Regional Counsel on the implementation of new labour codes.
· Pre-hiring (advisory on registration and licenses, employment structures, place of business, M&A due diligence,
immigration or background verification),
· Hiring (employment contracts, training, secondments, independent consultants, outsourcing, confidentiality, or
code of conduct),
· Retention (ESOPs, compliance audit, benefits, or investigations),
· Separation (strategy & risk management, severance, downsizing, retrenchment, exits or transfers), & Post-separation (disputes,
protection of information, non-solicitation, non-disparagement, non-competes).
· Research on legal issues and make revisions as necessary to standard templates / policies
· Assist the Regional Counsel in briefing and managing external consultants where specialist advice is required.
Desired Candidate Profile :
· Bachelor’s degree in law with demonstrated excellent academic performance.
· 3-6 years of experience as an employment law attorney in a reputable business law firm, or in-house experience
with the legal department preferably in a multi-national company.
· Sound knowledge of Indian employment laws. Preference will be given to the candidate who have worked on
new labour codes.
· Strong knowledge of basic principles of contract drafting, review and negotiation with an ability to provide
practical and well-reasoned solutions.
· Strong communication skills and fluency in English (both written and oral).
· Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
· Must be fluent in MS office and comfortable with new technology.
· Responsive and follows through on commitments.