The Legal Officer handles legal/corporate secretarial matters for clients and advisors, provides excellence in customer service, manages a portfolio of clients and develops (close) work relationships with advisors and clients in consultation with the Senior Legal Officer, Supervisor or Team Leader within our Capital Market team.
- Setting up of new client companies and compartments
- Preparing corporate service agreements
- Review of securitisation transaction documents with the help of Supervisor/ Team Leader
- Maintenance of notes register
- Arranging for the nomination/resignation of directors/managers, change domicile of companies, correspondence with Dutch Stichting as shareholder etc
- Opening of bank accounts and arrange for bank authorities/signatory powers
- Arranging for registrations at Chamber of Commerce and other obligatory registrations
- Performing ad hoc legal tasks like review and preparation of relative simple legal documents where no consultation is needed from an expert legal counsel e.g. loans, share transfers, POA’s, resolutions to amend the articles of association and the process thereof
- Maintaining contact with and consulting expert counsel whenever necessary, as well as on behalf of (and in consultation with) the client requesting services from expert legal counsel and to monitor progress thereof. Likewise for notarial matters
- Maintaining contact and meeting with (and when necessary visit) clients and their representatives
- Taking minutes of the meetings
- Corresponding with involved third parties, independently or in consultation with the Team Leader, Supervisor or Senior Legal Officer and/or Management
- Updating Viewpoint
- Executing all the necessary to have TMF Group and clients perform according to Compliance and AML rules
- Develop close relationships with clients and intermediaries for business development
- University degree in Law, LLM or lawyers qualification, preferably specialized in Corporate Law
- 2-4 years of relevant working experience in Luxembourg (Trust, Law firm)
- Basic understanding of securitisation and various parties involved in it
- Basic understanding of Securitisation Law of 22 March 2004 and keeping up to date with various regulations/ laws affecting securitisation entities
- Fluent communication, both written and spoken in English is mandatory, German and French are a benefit
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound organizational skills
- A team player who can work independently as well
Working at TMF Group offers
- Excellent working conditions
- Learning opportunities: you will work with highly experienced colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge, and will receive the opportunity to work on diverse and complex client requests. You will also be able to apply for and be supported for training.
- Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
- Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important valued and lived daily.
- Ambition: we are a growing company in which we constantly look for the next opportunity and where all ideas are welcome.