Currently, more than 1800 students are learning at GESS supported by more than 400 full time and part time academic and administrative staff members. In August 2018 GESS moved to Dairy Farm Road to a modern new school campus located at the edge of Singapore’s largest nature reserve.
32 - 35 hours/week
Commencing 1 August 2022
· Promotes the library and its materials
· Assists library users in finding resources to meet their needs and access the online catalogue system OPAC
· Supervises library users and operates the library information & circulation desk
· Assist to manage library collection and its processing. Ensure that the cataloguing and indexing of Library materials are according to required cataloguing standards and practices to make the collection more accessible
· Assists to maintain the physical appearance of the library
· Shelve library books and materials and do shelf-reading daily
· Other duties reasonable to establish the smooth operation of the library
· Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy working with students of all cultural backgrounds and from all grades
· Good understanding of cataloguing standards
· Relevant working experience in a library, school, or information resource centre
· Good working knowledge of digital content and online platforms
· Have a love of books, reading, and libraries – and willingness to learn the collection
· Have strong computer skills and a passion for promoting learning & literacy
· Have good organisational skills and the ability to work well in a team
· Energetic, flexible and able to take on new challenges
Keen to collaborate and share your specialist expertise, you will be a fitting ambassador for the school. You will communicate with confidence across diverse audiences and situations, using your expertise to build strong relationships across the GESS community.
The German European School Singapore (GESS) is a multi-lingual, not-for-profit, German international school in Singapore with a distinct European flavour. As an accredited ‘Excellent German School Abroad’, the German Section of GESS offers all major German school leaving certificates.
Our European Section offers tuition in English for students from grade 1 - 12 across all three IB programmes (the PYP, the MYP and the IB Diploma Programme) as an authorised IB World School.
Children aged 2 years onwards can enroll in our Preschool where children are following the PYP programme in German-speaking, English-speaking or bilingual groups. In addition to an outstanding academic education, GESS strives to teach students community values such as respect, openness and diversity.
We offer an exciting working environment in an international and cooperative team. Your application should include a letter of application and your complete resume. Please indicate your reasons for applying for the position.
Our Selection Process
At GESS we adhere to fair employment practices that consist of hiring practices that are fair, merit-based and non-discriminatory.
We are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and child protection as we promote the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including satisfactory reference and background checks and the offer of employment will be subject to the completion of these. In addition, the visa entry requirements for Singapore are subject to certain requirements being met. This includes but is not limited to, mandatory diphtheria and measles vaccination requirements for children attending school in Singapore will need to be in place prior to arriving in Singapore in order for the criteria for a child Dependent Pass to be met and the visa granted. Further information on this will be shared at interview stage if applicable.
Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.